Why It’s Ok To Let Go Of A Spiritual Teacher
Some time ago I followed a well-known spiritual teacher, I did her courses and listened to her You Tube videos, I immersed myself in her community. Her message resonated with me. I was a fully paid-up fan. As I began to grow with her teachings, I realised that some no longer resonated with me, especially if the message related to politics or mediumship of a ‘famous’ person. Sometimes I’d leave it a week before I caught up on videos. As I began to explore further, read wider and listen to other points of view I had an uncomfortable revelation.
Her message no longer sang to my soul. It no longer resonated with me, I had learnt all I wanted from her and was ready to move forward. This was crushing, I really felt I had found my teacher and I did experience grief at the end of this relationship which had served me so well. This wasn’t about my ego stating I was better than her, it truly was like the old adage, people are in your life for ‘reasons, seasons or lifetimes’
This happens and I want you to know that its ok, ok to move on, to find new teachers, to look into your heart and realise that you are your greatest teacher, and to send the old teacher gratitude and love for a that they have taught you.
What I learnt
1) Teachers, like people, will come and go throughout our lives. Enjoy the constant flow and don’t fight against it, trying to hold on to the old.
2) Your intuition starts to nudge you when it’s time to branch out and look to other sources or perhaps is a teaching that makes you question exactly what your truth is.
3) Don’t rely on just one teacher and expect to only ever have one teacher, we didn’t at school!
4) Acknowledge all you have learnt. Thank them for their teachings.
5) It’s OK to grieve, take time, don’t just jump straight into another teacher’s community, allow the teaching to sink in and take all the good bits that make you soul sing.
6) Look inside? What have you learnt about yourself? We are our greatest teachers, we have all the answers its just that we look to others for them.
You will learn and grow, having this human experience that this point in time is truly a fast track of growth. People come and go in our lives, love each some and thank each for all that that have taught. Know that the greatest teacher you will ever have is YOU!
Lexie Wrightson is a intuitive healer, reiki master teacher, co-creatix of Soul Connection and channel of The Collective Council of Light. She is also 200 hour Yoga teacher training with Zenways. She previously worked in the corporate world as a Infrastructure Programme Manager and holds both a Bachelors and Master degree in Law .You can find out more about her at www.lexiewrightson.com and @lexiewrightson on Instagram
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Donatella Moltisanti 6 MINUTE READ
- by Boyd Martin 7 MINUTE READ
- by Elias Aractingi 11 MINUTE READ
- by Boyd Martin 5 MINUTE READ
- by Angelica Neri 5 MINUTE READ
- by Martin Kupper 11 MINUTE READ