Why Do I Accept It Even If It Is Not My Mistake?
So often in life, we come across situations wherein we strongly feel, “Why must I accept all of this when it is not my mistake?”
However, Param Pujya Dada Bhagwan, the Self-Enlightened Spiritual Master, says, “No one, absolutely no one in this world, has the right to say anything to you if you are not at fault.”
So a puzzle arises in our mind, ‘how am I at fault when it’s the other person who’s come and given me bad words for no rhyme or reason?’ Let’s try and solve this puzzle through Gnani’s vision today.
We say he gave me bad words for no rhyme or reason. However Gnani says there is a reason.
According to the law of Nature, our karma is the cause and the person coming and giving us bad words is an effect of this cause. The cause happens in our previous life, but we get to see its effect only in this life. Hence, we get puzzled!
The mistakes we’ve made in our past life are presently being returned to us – it’s as simple an equation as that!
For instance, we’ve gone and given bad words to someone in our past birth, and that’s the reason the bad words are being said to us right now. Our own mistake is being returned to us. As we sow, so do we reap. Since we’ve sown some thorns by mistake, we are reaping those thorns today. And if we’ve not made the mistake of sowing thorns, Nature will never allow thorns to come in our life.
Once we understand this principle, it becomes easy to accept whatever comes to us, for we know that if it has come to me, it means it is my mistake (my karma). If it was not my mistake, Nature would have never sent it to me. Hence, accept it!
What can we do now to wash off our earlier mistakes?
1. Accept that it is 100% percent my mistake only. On understanding the law of karma, we realize that whatever events we can see happening in our life are all a result of our own karmas which we ourselves have bound in the past birth. The other person is just an instrument through whom Nature delivers to us the punishment or reward according to what we deserve. Hence, in every case, we will work hard towards analyzing and accepting how it is my mistake only. We are never held responsible for the deeds of the other person.
2. Being grateful to the other person who we feel has offended us. When the other person is offending us, the particular mistake we made in the past is being set off and finished! Therefore, we shall thank the other person for liberating us from our mistakes and thereby helping us move forward and progress on the path of liberation.
3. Confess, Apologize, and Pledge for our mistake. We may sit for 15 minutes and in our mind say, “Oh God, I have hurt this person in the past. I wholeheartedly apologize to you for my mistake. Please forgive me. I vow to never make such mistakes again. Kindly give me the strength to not repeat these mistakes. I don’t want to hurt any living being.” Such an apology washes away all our negative karmas and it helps strengthen positive relationships with others. So, if you think that you really hate this other person or have a very bad relationship with him then you may do this even for an hour. More the washing, the more cleaner the clothes are! 😊
4. Pray for the other person. Once we have pledged to not do these mistakes again and have wholeheartedly apologized, then we are no longer responsible for the results. That is, after doing several apologies if the other person continues to behave negatively or accuses us, then we are no longer responsible for it; but provided we refrain from making any further negative thoughts for him. We will instead pray for him now that he gains strength to come out of this habit of his and stops binding new karmas which could cause him to suffer in future.
5. Washing off all our mistakes will eventually liberate us from all sufferings! When we accept our mistake, it makes us realize that we’ve made a similar mistake number of times with various different other people too. Therefore, remembering each of those instances, we shall one by one, confess, apologize, and pledge to not repeat our mistakes before our God or Guru. This will liberate us from all our sufferings as we become completely free from all mistakes! We will experience freedom when we feel we’ve become light weighted. And consequently, in our next birth, we will gain a lot of material happiness and also peace and joy with our family members, friends, relatives and colleagues.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Natalie Sophia 7 MINUTE READ
- by Deanna Thomas 8 MINUTE READ
- by Dada Bhagwan 8 MINUTE READ
- by Mark Sandusky 4 MINUTE READ
- by Kacey Kingry 9 MINUTE READ
- by Jimmy Rex 6 MINUTE READ