What Is The System Of Life? How Do You Know That You Are A Free Soul?
The eventuality of death is a certainty which plagues every human being. Given this fact, we all seek a purpose to our existence. This very purpose can be found in recognizing that death is a certainty and so is our rebirth. The karmas we sow in our current life decides where exactly and in what form we will be reborn.
The system of life: the cycle of reincarnation..
During the entire course of our life, we are constantly charging and discharging karmas (good or bad). Every circumstance that we encounter in this life is a projection of discharge karmas that were sown by us in our past life. And the nature of the new karmas that we charge in this life depend upon our inner intent and how we choose to react to the circumstances we encounter. If we have good intentions, good karmas are charged and if not, then bad karmas get charged. Good karmas are called merit karmas whereas bad are known as demerit karmas.
Depending upon the karmas bound, there are four realms in which one can be reborn into:
● Celestial Realm: one is born into this realm if one accumulates abundant merit karmas.
● Human Realm: when the merit karmas are more than the demerit karmas one gets born into this realm.
● Animal Kingdom: when one accumulates a vast amount of demerit karmas he is born into the animal kingdom.
● Hell: one is born into this realm when one has charged huge, out-of-proportion demerit karmas.
Liberation from the endless of cycle of birth and rebirth is possible only when one stops charging any karmas, and this is possible only in the human life form.
Liberation is attained in two steps:
1. The first step towards liberation happens when we attain the grace of the Gnani Purush, the Enlightened One, and acquire from Him the knowledge of the Self. It is then that we understand really ‘Who am I?’ and recognize who is the real doer in this world?
With Self-Realization, new karmas cease to bind and we begin to experience a life, free from suffering and misery. The discharge karmas do remain, which have to be suffered. But now that we have attained the right understanding, we begin to remain unaffected of these karmas.
2. The second and final step of liberation is when our discharge karmas too cease to exist. We get liberated from the perpetual cycle of birth and death and therefore reside in our bliss forever, ever after.
How do we know that we are free Soul?
The Soul is seen bound by the karmic coverings that have sat over it since time immemorial. These karmas delude our vision. Only when we happen to meet Gnani, do we realize that ‘I am Pure Soul.’
Thereafter, we notice the following changes, gradually and naturally, taking place within, and know that we are for sure a liberated Soul now:
● The illusion of ‘I am the body, I am the owner of my name, I am experiencing pain’ begins to lose its effect upon us.
● The emotions of greed, pride, abhorrence, hatred, dislike, desire, attachment, anger, deceit, competitiveness, jealousy, etc. no more have a controlling hold over us.
● During tough circumstances and challenging spells, we manage to find spiritual solutions.
● We start dwelling deeper and deeper into our eternal pure Self.
● We experience unity with all of those around us.
● We are able to see the pure Soul within others too.
And one day, we find our Self experiencing constant internal bliss, regardless of whatever is going on externally. That is when we know that we are a free soul, the liberated Soul!!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Arik Xander 4 MINUTE READ
- by Yoga Vidya School 7 MINUTE READ
- by Neil Seligman 6 MINUTE READ
- by Dena Gould 4 MINUTE READ
- by Moira Hutchison 4 MINUTE READ
- by Shannon Flynn 6 MINUTE READ