What Are The Ways To Keep My Mind Peaceful In A Negative Environment?
Our mind is the part of an internal functioning mechanism where thoughts arise. The daily life can be busy, hectic and overwhelming. It is constantly on the go with thoughts, memories, and emotions. Finding peace of mind in the modern world is a significant challenge. And not knowing how to deal with the constant negativity around you, it creates such a turbulence within us, that we feel sick and tired of this mind, but can’t find ways and means to come out of its clutch. To experience true peace of mind, you need to disregard your external environment and you have to be aware of your thoughts instead and what exactly influences them.
How to live a peaceful life?
The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. But how?
Learning to adjust is the simple way to a peaceful life. Adjusting with every person you come across in life, is the highest religion. There are so many different personalities and characteristics that you have to deal in daily lives. We can never live in peace if we expect everyone to bend as per our will. Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process the present circumstance as it is, rather than as you think it should be. Param Pujya Dadashri counsels, “If you simply assimilate the phrase ‘adjust everywhere’ in your life, then that is more than enough. Peace will arise automatically for you.”
When a person knows how to adjust with others, he will not suffer and will always live in peace. If you fail to adjust, there will be a two-sided loss. You as well as the opposite person both are hurt. You want to avoid such losses, don’t you?
So, let’s have an understanding why we need to adjust it life and then we will learn how to adjust in life.
Understanding to help you easily adjust in life.
• Circumstances around you frequently changes. Do you think it will adjust according to you? No, you will have to adjust to deal with those circumstances.
• Everyone in the family has a different personality and lifestyle. But you still love them. They also love you and therefore will be happy if you are able to adjust as per their nature. You may not want to interfere or keep nagging them; so allow them to have freedom to live your own way.
• There may have been times in your life, where your intent was to not make any mistakes. But as it was out of your control, mistakes happened. Therefore, when another person makes a mistake, rather than seeing their fault, try to understand and adjust with that person.
• On the other hand, even if someone is nagging you for your mistakes, you want to understand their point of view and adjust accordingly. If you are able to accomplish your role in both the situations, it will benefit you only.
• We have come to this earth as guests for a short period of time. Why do we want to spend our precious time clashing over temporary things then? Nothing is going to come with us after we die, so why not just adjust instead?
If you want to progress in life and experience peace of mind and happiness, then to “Adjust Everywhere” is the most essential starting point to reach your desired destination and success in life.
Ways to make adjustments:
• Before you start complaining, put yourself in the other person’s shoes and try to understand their point of view. To adjust to their viewpoint is the main thing.
• You want to mould your dissatisfaction through positive thinking instead of complaining. This way you can find convenience even during an inconvenient situation.
• Our mind suffers due to our made-up opinions for things or situation as being good or bad. Which means if something is good, you are comparing that against another thing that is bad. But if you are able to rise above such opinions and decide that there is nothing good or bad; being able to adjust in every situation like this, you will not experience any suffering in life.
• Adjust with your family members and accept them as they are. Do not try to change them. Think of your home as a garden with many flowers (personalities). You want to appreciate their opinions and thoughts to reduce conflicts.
• Param Pujya Dadashri says, to adjust, apply a counter-pulley. If your mental revolutions (speed of thought) are at a speed of 1800 rpm and the other person’s revolutions are at 600 and you try to force your opinion on that person, their engine will break down and all the gears will have to be replaced. Your common complaint in such a situation is that the other person does not understand. Pujya Deepakbhai explains, that they will understand what you are saying once you insert a counter-pulley and slow your revolutions down.
Further, everyday you may want to analyze and apply yourself by making a list:
1. Where you were not able to adjust?
2. Why you did not adjust?
3. How can you adjust in the future in order to have peace of mind?
This will make you progress with great speed and you will begin to enjoy the journey too!
Make a firm decision, “I will adjust” and all the energy to adjust will automatically arise within you. If you have a goal in mind that you want peace in life, then you will never miss an opportunity to adjust even in worst situation, isn’t it? 👍
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Jean Farish 10 MINUTE READ
- by Arik Xander 5 MINUTE READ
- by Mia Barnes 7 MINUTE READ
- by Varun Pahwa 9 MINUTE READ
- by Neil Seligman 7 MINUTE READ
- by Mia Barnes 7 MINUTE READ