Understanding These Little Secrets Will Help You To Achieve Your New Year Resolutions
The month January will usually be a busy month for many. Gyms will be crowded, many new walkers will start crowding the footways, people talk heavily about diets. Research shows that only less than 10% people continue their new year resolution till February. Let me give some little tips that will guide you to stick to your resolutions and achieve your goals.
Shift your focus to ‘what you want’
Many people make resolutions to get rid of something they are currently having. But the more you try to get rid off something the more you will be attracted to it. Hence taking positive and empowering resolutions always helps to achieve the goal.
If you understand how our brain process the information then you will be able to get this. Our brain doesn’t have the capability to eliminate negative words. For example, if you don’t want to think a monkey for the next 1 hour, then just close your eyes and try saying to yourself “I don’t want to think monkey”. I bet you can’t stop thinking about the monkey. This is not about your self-control, but the moment you say “I don’t want something” your brain will process the second part of the sentence and then process the word “don’t”. So you will obviously end up thinking more about the same.
So how to set positive goals? Here are few tips to rephrase your goal to make it empowering.
- If you want to lose weight, instead of saying “I don’t want to continue to be fat” just say to yourself “I want to be fit and healthy this year”
- If you want to get rid of a disease, instead of saying “I want to come out of this disease” just say to yourself “I want to be healthy this year”
- If you want to get rid of the debts, instead of saying “I will stop taking debts this year” just say to yourself “I want to be wealthy in the coming year”
- If you want to get rid of a bad relation, instead of saying “I want to come out of the bad relationship” just say to yourself “I want to have a healthy relationship this year”
- If you want to quit smoking, instead of staying “I want to quit smoking” just say to yourself “I am going to spend money on buying healthy nuts instead of Cigarettes”
Visualize even before you achieve it
Visualization is a very powerful technique to achieve a goal. It is an effective way to tell your subconscious mind on what you want. You may be puzzled how would I visualize without achieving it? The subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between present and future. Similar to how the builder visualizes the type of building he wants, the visualization technique will imprint the image in your subconscious. The builder would achieve a beautiful home or ugly home depends on what he visualize during the design phase, similarly what you imprint in your subconscious mind even before you achieve it will make the reality.
Don’t fall into negative mind voice
The moment when you start some new activity new like going to the gym, jogging, long walks etc your body will become uncomfortable and resist. This resistance is because of the difference of opinion between the conscious mind and subconscious mind(that regulates body). All the resolutions and rationale decisions were made in conscious mind but your subconscious mind is not aware of this new situation and it would feel uncomfortable. So it will start sending a signal through the body that it doesn’t want to continue the uncomfortable activity. The best way to handle the situation is telling back positively to the subconscious mind that you can handle the situation. The visualization technique which I have explained earlier will also help the subconscious mind to understand that this is the goal you wanted achieve to feel good.
Keep your conscious mind busy with the expectation of the best, and your subconsious will faithfully reproduce your habitual thinking – Dr. Joseph Murphy
Be thankful for small achievements
Many people are good at praising the achievements of others but belittle in feeling good about their own achievements. This could primarily because of the belief that when we praise ourself we tend to achieve less but the truth is the exact opposite. The more you feel thankful to your achievements the more you will achieve. The moment you feel gratitude for small achievements your subconscious mind feel rewarded and it will guide you to achieve more.
Imagine the happy ending or solutions to your problem, feel the thrill of accomplishment, and what you imagine and feel will be accepted by your subconsicious mind and bring it to passs.
Numerous research proved that understanding the power of subconscious will help you achieve your goal. Following are the useful take away to achieve your new year resolutions.
- Shift your focus to your core need and stop thinking on what you don’t need
- Visualize your future reality even before you achieve it
- Don’t listen to your negative voice
- Feel gratitude for some achievements
Feel free to post your comments. Wishing you a happy new year 2019! Wishing you the best to achieve your dream.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Arik Xander 12 MINUTE READ
- by Parvati Devi 6 MINUTE READ
- by Dada Bhagwan 9 MINUTE READ
- by Molly Sommerhalder 4 MINUTE READ
- by Cleopatra Jade 8 MINUTE READ
- by Nicole Barton 8 MINUTE READ