Tips For Dealing With Depression
Modern society is extremely demanding and challenging, causing pressure in our personal and social lives. Particularly, the peer pressure to succeed is intense and many are struggling to just survive in such an intense environment. As a result, they begin to have mental health issues which manifest in depression, stress, or tension. Undoubtedly, the consequences of such a state of mind leaves one absorbed in a perpetual vicious cycle of negative thoughts which result in a lack of confidence or positivity in every aspect of their lives.
Param Pujya Dada Bhagwan, an enlightened being has explained:
“Instead of wasting so much time trying to break the negative, why not automatically join the positive right away? Why waste time in trying to push away bad deeds (bad karmas)?”
If you are one of the thousands that are feeling depressed, try the following simple effective strategies which have shown empirically to have made a difference to people:
• Turn negative thoughts and opinions into positive ones. You can do this by replacing every bad thought with ten good ones. For instance, if your mind tells you that ‘I am feeling down, then recite ‘I am very happy’. By doing this you will notice subtle changes eternally.
• Be aware of any bad thoughts, opinions or circumstances. This is where you will need to remain particularly vigilant, firm and strong in your resolve to remain positive.
• Remember, any type of adverse thoughts or opinions towards others will cause suffering to you foremost. Therefore, if you are going to have thoughts make them positive or good.
• If negative thoughts or opinions do occur towards others, then ask for forgiveness for having them. The more you do this, the better and lighter you will feel.
• When self-doubt creeps into your mind, you will begin to question your own ability by saying – ‘I cannot do this’ or ‘I am useless’. Instead of meditating on what you have not achieved, try reciting I-a-m-f-u-l-l-o-f-i-n-f-i-n-i-t-e-e-n-e-r-g-y or I-a-m-f-u-l-l-o-f-i-n-f-i-n-i-t-e-b-l-i-s-s. Do this for ten minutes daily.
• Never try to compare yourself or your life with others. Any form of comparison will bring you a great deal misery.
• When you are attempting to tackle depression only deal with one segment at a time. By doing this you will find that you have stronger physical and mental energy. Also, take heart from knowing that depression will not last forever – after day, night follows, therefore good times will emerge.
All the above strategies are effective but inevitably they are temporary solutions. A spiritual Science called Akram Vignan offers permanent solutions. Through the correct understanding by attaining the knowledge of the Soul, of who you really are, you will experience constant peace and bliss which remains unaffected by what happens in worldly life. Many people have overcome depression permanently through scientific Spiritual Science.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Jean Farish 10 MINUTE READ
- by Arik Xander 5 MINUTE READ
- by Mia Barnes 7 MINUTE READ
- by Varun Pahwa 9 MINUTE READ
- by Neil Seligman 7 MINUTE READ
- by Mia Barnes 7 MINUTE READ