Why Are So Many People From Texas Are Making A Pilgrimage To India For Kriya Yoga?
In the foothills of the Himalayas, Joshi’s is a common stop for locals and people on the pilgrimage like American Rebecca Harvey.
“This is my fifth time in India and this is the longest I’ve been in India: for three months,” said Harvey.
She traveled to the Dunagiri mountain from Oregon, inspired by Paramahansa Yogananda’s book, “Autobiography of a Yogi.”
“Ever since I first read the autobiography, I’ve wanted to have a pilgrimage to Babaji’s cave,” Harvey said.
The hiking path to that cave can often be sprinkled with fallen red rhododendron flowers. Once inside its ancient walls, devotees pay homage to the cave’s history of Kriya Yoga.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Matt Caron 1 MINUTE READ
- by Valerie Cheers Brown 5 MINUTE READ
- by Grant Hilary Brenner, MD 18 MINUTE READ
- by Grant Hilary Brenner, MD 10 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 54 SECONDS READ
- by Matt Caron 4 MINUTE READ