2 Perfect All-Natural Recipes For The Season
By Stephanie Hrehirchuk Food & Recipes 1 MINUTE READ
Spiced Apple Sauce and Cider
As winter whispers in our ear and chills gather on our skin, seasonal spice fills the kitchen and warms our bellies.
This simple spiced apple sauce provides the additional benefits of cider— with little extra effort.
SEE ALSO: How I Found Inner Peace Along The Hiking Trail
- 8 apples
- 4-5 cups of water
- 10 cloves
- Peel, core, and cut apples, or leave the peels on for rustic applesauce, extra nourishment, and lovely color.
- Use a large pot with room for your apples. Add the water to your pot and add the cloves to your water. Bring to a low boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the apples and simmer on low until cooked soft.
- Strain most of the liquid into a pitcher or jar.
- Remove all cloves from liquid and apples.
- Mash the apples and add cinnamon to taste. Pour into a container.
- Serve both applesauce and cider hot or cold.
Keep leftover sauce and cider in the fridge and enjoy for several days.
Pour the cider into small jars and tie with a ribbon or bow for nourishing Christmas gifts.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
Mediterranean Brussel Sprouts - Gentle Ayurvedic Detoxby Veena Haasl-Blilie 4 MINUTE READ
Ayurvedic Shiitake Lentil Stew - Immune Enhancingby Veena Haasl-Blilie 4 MINUTE READ
Ayurvedic Roasted Maple Syrup Brussel Sproutsby Veena Haasl-Blilie 4 MINUTE READ
Ayurvedic Spaghetti Squash | Ground Vata And Cool Pitta Doshasby Veena Haasl-Blilie 8 MINUTE READ
5 Kale-Based Recipes That You Must Try At Home For Holidaysby Nicole McCray 7 MINUTE READ
These 9 Plant-Based Recipes Have Made My Winter Warmerby Jennifer Landis 5 MINUTE READ