2 Perfect All-Natural Recipes For The Season
Spiced Apple Sauce and Cider
As winter whispers in our ear and chills gather on our skin, seasonal spice fills the kitchen and warms our bellies.
This simple spiced apple sauce provides the additional benefits of cider— with little extra effort.
- 8 apples
- 4-5 cups of water
- 10 cloves
- Peel, core, and cut apples, or leave the peels on for rustic applesauce, extra nourishment, and lovely color.
- Use a large pot with room for your apples. Add the water to your pot and add the cloves to your water. Bring to a low boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the apples and simmer on low until cooked soft.
- Strain most of the liquid into a pitcher or jar.
- Remove all cloves from liquid and apples.
- Mash the apples and add cinnamon to taste. Pour into a container.
- Serve both applesauce and cider hot or cold.
Keep leftover sauce and cider in the fridge and enjoy for several days.
Pour the cider into small jars and tie with a ribbon or bow for nourishing Christmas gifts.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Dr. Paul Haider 6 MINUTE READ
- by Victoria Giang 2 MINUTE READ
- by Elaine Gavalas 5 MINUTE READ
- by Elaine Gavalas 3 MINUTE READ
- by Jennie Miremadi 34 SECONDS READ
- by Jennie Miremadi 2 MINUTE READ