5 Things You May Not Have Known About Chakras
If you are not new to yoga, chances are you’ve heard about the seven chakras already. It’s a wheel of spiritual energy center in the body. It continuously spins to create energy and life force. These chakras are represented by different names, shapes, colors, and locations in the body. Each of the seven chakras impacts different aspects of ourselves (mental, physical, and emotional) and our overall well being.
That is why many yogis say that if your chakras are misaligned or imbalanced, it will make life challenging. The misalignment of the chakras may be caused by one or more chakra being overactive or underactive. But aside from the importance of having a balanced chakra, here are 5 things about chakras you may not have known:
1) The heart chakra is the center for healing found in the middle of your chest
It is the middle chakra that is also the center for healing. Each of the seven chakras is important, however, the heart chakra plays a special role in healing because love is considered to be the highest force in different spiritual beliefs and religions.
2) The third eye chakra supports psychic abilities
The third eye chakra is the seat of your soul – meaning, it does not get affected by the restraints of the physical world. It’s related to many psychic abilities. While everyone has access to these latent abilities, having an inactive or closed chakra will prevent a person from realizing lies from truths. A person with an active third eye chakra can see and access a deeper awareness. With the third eye chakra, you can access abilities such as clairvoyance, telepathy, astral projection, and being able to communicate with your spirit guides.
3) There is an eighth chakra
Many believe that there is also an eighth chakra — and some think they go all the way up to twelve! While the seven known chakras are included in the 12 chakra system, five more are found above and below the body. The eighth chakra is found above the crown chakra in your head. It is believed to be the chakra of divine love and spiritual benevolence. When activated, it allows you to become more spiritually aware and get in touch with your higher self. This chakra resonates with the color gold.
4) Crystals can help stimulate the chakras
Specific crystals pulsate a frequency that matches specific chakras. These crystals or stones intensify our focus to channel the energy in our bodies. It helps balance them by slowing down chakras that are spinning too fast or makes them spin faster if it is spinning too slowly.
Each colored stone represents a particular chakra. The crown chakra, for example, is white or purple. The heart charka is pink or green, blue for the throat chakra, yellow for the solar plexus chakra, indigo for the third eye chakra, orange for the sacral chakra, and the root chakra is red and black. These colors will be used in choosing the crystals or stones, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that only these colors will work on the chakra it is associated with.
To use for healing the chakras, these crystals are sometimes worn as an accessory. Chakra bracelets and necklaces are designed to balance the chakras in the body. These accessories are worn in India for many years.
5) Chakras and your emotions are connected
Each chakra has its purpose and function. They are connected to certain body organs and they are also connected to different emotional states that affect your physical wellbeing.
- The root chakra is associated with being grounded and survival instincts.
- The sacral chakra encompasses sexual energy and creativity.
- The solar plexus chakra is associated with will and gut instinct.
- The heart chakra is associated with love, healing, spirituality, and humanity.
- The throat chakra encompasses truth, communication, and responsibility.
- The third eye chakra is associated with inner vision, perspective, and understanding of spiritual wisdom.
- The crown chakra is associated with consciousness or awareness.
When there is an imbalance or blockage in the chakras, these emotions are negatively affected. But at the same time, the emotions that you feel can be used as signals from your spiritual body telling you that there is something that you need to work on. Understanding your emotions gives you the power to control your chakra and maintain them.
There are so many other things to know about the 7 chakras in our body, but the key is to keep them balanced and aligned. Understanding your emotions and physical body can help you identify any problems and maintain the balance of these wheels of energy for a better, healthier life.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Rebecca Hanson-Vazquez 3 MINUTE READ
- by Alissa Jablonske 10 MINUTE READ
- by Dina Marais 13 MINUTE READ
- by Bridget Murtha 4 MINUTE READ
- by Rashmi Agrawal 18 MINUTE READ
- by Emileena Pedigo 13 MINUTE READ