The Most Miraculous Healing Mantra
A mantra is a combination of sounds that carries a mystical energy. The vibrations of a mantra contain a precise power that is released when the mantra is chanted or concentrated upon. Mantras are derived from the language of Sanskrit, also known as Devanagari, or the language of the gods. In his book, “Meditation and Mantras”, Swami Vishnu Devananda explains, “The ancient sages who were attuned to higher levels of consciousness, were well aware of the inherent power contained in sound, and they utilized combinations of sounds to set up specific vibrations. These vibrations applied systematically could literally move mountains.”
Powerful healing mantra
There is a powerful healing mantra that I chant every day to transform lower energies to high, positive and loving energies. Its effects are miraculous.
Here are a few ways I use this mantra:
- To bless food: I chant this mantra to bless the food that I cook and eat.
- To heal minor burns and cuts: When I get a cut or burn, I have found that chanting the mantra reduces or even eliminates the need for any other first-aid treatment. I experience results right there as I’m chanting!
- To negate any harmful effects of beauty, skincare, and household products: Nearly all the products I buy are natural or organic. But there are a handful of non-organic products that I use whenever the need arises. When I chant the mantra before using hair color, steel wool, some surface cleaners, and polishers, for example, my skin doesn’t react with itchiness, burning or dryness.
- To send healing to others: I hold an image of a person needing healing and chant the mantra with the intention that the energy will help him or her feel better. This always helps!
- To heal relationships: This area is where I have experienced mind-boggling transformation. I have used it to heal a relationship that had been strained for over twenty years. I brought up an image of the person in my mind. With a sincere desire to change things, I chanted this mantra 108 times. I did it on three separate days. Then, out of the blue, I got a friendly text from her. She had never texted me before! Our relationship is just super now. I didn’t do anything different except chant the mantra with genuine feeling and faith.
The healing mantra
The healing mantra I am talking about is attributed to the deity known as Lord Shiva. It is called the Maha Mrityunjaya mantra or the great conqueror of death. Maha means “great”, mrityu means “Death,” and jaya means “victory.” Swami Vishnu Devananda describes the benefits of this mantra: “The Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra prevents accidents, incurable diseases, and calamities, and bestows longevity and immortality. Those who do japa [chanting] of it daily will enjoy health, long life, and ultimate enlightenment.”
Here is the mantra:
Om Tryambakam Yajaamahe
Sugandhim Pushti Vardhanam
Mrityur Mooksheeya Maamritaat
“We worship the three-eye Lord who is full of sweet fragrance and is our nourisher. May he release us from the bondage of death and lead us to immortality as effortlessly as a ripe cucumber is separated from the vine.”
Swami Jyotirmayananda explains the word for word meaning in his book, Mantra Shiromani:
Om: Om is a symbol of the Supreme Reality. It adds auspiciousness and life to all mantras.
Tryambakam: “Three-eyed.” Lord Shiva is depicted as having three eyes. The third eye is the eye of wisdom.
Yajaamahe: “We worship”
Sugandhim: “Sweet fragrance.” The fragrance refers to divine qualities such as cheerfulness, serenity, purity, unconditional love, and compassion.
Pushti Vardanam: Pushti is “nourishment” and Vardanam is “increaser.” Lord Shiva increases the vitality in us.
Oorvaarukamiva Bandhanaan: Oorvaarukamiva means, “like a cucumber.” Bandhanaan is “bondage.” A cucumber grows on a creeping vine with many tendrils and branches. The vine with its tangled array of coils stands for our bondage to this world. We are bound by our own attachments and karmic entanglements to the people around us. Chanting this mantra helps to eliminate these hindrances to our spiritual growth.
Mrityur Mooksheeya: Mrityur is “death” and Mooksheeya comes from moksha which means “liberation.”
Maamritaat: “lead me to immortality.”
You can hear me chant this mantra here: https://soundcloud.com/manishamelwani/maha-mrityunjaya-mantra
The sound itself is healing
Chanting the mantra while concentrating on Lord Shiva will bring purity of mind and devotion. But the power of the deity lies within the sound vibrations of the mantra itself. Even if you don’t know the meaning of the mantra, chanting it with faith invokes the latent powers within it and brings results. The greater your faith in the efficacy of the mantra, the greater will be the benefits that you experience. Try chanting this miraculous healing mantra and experience its gifts yourself. I would love to read your comments, questions, and experiences. Post them below.
Like this post? Sign up for the free fortnightly Spiritual Solutions Newsletter and receive the latest articles, news and updates in your email inbox! Go to: https://www.manishamelwani.com
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Dr. Paul Haider 43 SECONDS READ
- by Nicholas Ray 8 MINUTE READ
- by Louise Harris 12 MINUTE READ
- by Dr. Paul Haider 30 SECONDS READ
- by Mia Barnes 7 MINUTE READ
- by Samreen Mongillo 5 MINUTE READ