Manipulating The Matrix: An Introduction To The 7 Hermetic Principles
“Open your eye.”
This is one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite films, Dr. Strange. This is what The Ancient One says to Strange before she sends him hurtling through a series of multi-dimensional, reality-bending visions. If you haven’t seen the movie (shame on you), the scene is an absolute trip – literally.
Watch it before you continue reading:
Got that out of the way? Cool. What this scene boils down to, and what The Ancient One is ultimately trying to convey to Strange, is a message that applies to all of us:
There is far more to this reality than what lies within the scope of your senses.
To believe otherwise would be limiting to your potential (and is honestly, borderline ignorant). Just think of all of the things we do and use on a daily basis that would have been considered “magic” by those who lived only a few hundred years ago. And it will happen again. One day, humans will be capable of things that we currently consider impossible. We go from a lack of understanding to understanding. That’s all that separates the possible from the impossible. And where does that transition take place?
In the mind.
Every part of reality that has been influenced by Man has started as the same thing: A thought.
The takeaway here?
Thoughts shape reality. Period. And that’s why this blog post is outlining the principles of Hermeticism, a philosophy predicated on the idea that the mind is the ultimate, fundamental force driving reality, and that the cultivation of this force will give one the ability to better shape reality in accordance with what they visualize.
And while you may not be creating portals to other worlds or pulling things out of thin air anytime soon, that doesn’t mean this isn’t extremely powerful knowledge.
Please, use it wisely.
The 7 Hermetic Principles
- The Principle of Mentalism (All is Mind; The Universe is mental) – The fundamental force driving reality is based in consciousness.
- The Principle of Correspondence (As above, so below; As below, so above) – Reality has a fractal nature, the micro reflects the macro and vice versa.
- The Principle of Vibration (Nothing rests, everything moves, and everything is in a constant state of vibration) – Reality is constantly and fundamentally in motion. Nothing ever truly rests.
- The Principle of Polarity (Everything is dual, everything has its pair of opposites) – Reality is balanced. Opposites are the same but different in degrees. All truths are but half-truths. What is everything is also simultaneously nothing.
- The Principle of Gender (Gender is in everything and manifests on all planes) – Masculine and Feminine energy are built into the fabric of reality.
- The Principle of Rhythm (Everything flows in and out, all things rise and fall) – Rhythm is what regulates the balance within reality. Life, death, and rebirth are the “breath” that makes existence possible.
- The Principle of Cause & Effect (Every cause has an effect, and every effect has a cause) Everything that happens, happens in accordance with this law. “Chance” does not exist with this reality.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be delving into each one of these principles in-depth, providing you with practical advice on how you might implement them into your own life.
I’m excited, and you should be, too. Tell your friends, because this information, when harnessed properly, will change your life in any and every way you could possibly imagine.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Michelle Davis 8 MINUTE READ
- by Sherry Kimball 6 MINUTE READ
- by Swami Dhyan Giten 6 MINUTE READ
- by Serena Jade 6 MINUTE READ
- by Paola Borrescio 10 MINUTE READ
- by Soumee Pal 9 MINUTE READ