Signs Of Imbalanced Chakras, And Remedies
Chakras are focus points – doorways into meditation, awareness, healing and alignment. They are energy centers within the body that deal with energy flow. They are areas or vortices of high, expansive energy. The energy we store in our chakras is the source of our life force and vitality. Most of us have blocked or overactive chakras that cause disease on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level. For example, let’s say you have been trying to lose weight for the past few years but you have a blocked sacral chakra. This chakra is found below the navel (people with blocked Sacral chakras usually have extra weight here) and it has a massive impact on our ability to be fully expressed in our vitality on all levels, especially physical.
No matter how much dieting you do, if you have not addressed all the needs of this chakra such as self-expression, sexuality, creativity, etc., and it remains blocked you will continue to experience symptoms of imbalance, such as weight gain. We have to address the root of our blockages for sustainable change. By reflecting on the physical, mental and spiritual elements of each chakra, we can regain our balance in these centers and as result change our lives drastically. If you wish to have a year unlike any other, one that is full of abundance, health, wealth and vitality, start with balancing your chakras.
After determining which of yours are experiencing an imbalance, reflect on the “To Balance” segment of each chakra and write out how you will start to realign this centre. Click on the attached meditation to have an experience in balancing.
Lastly, Envision yourself and how you will feel when you accomplish heal these challenges in your life. Let your body absorb the vision and vibration of the outcome. To bring in your deepest desires in 2018 we can balance all 7 chakras and tap back into our innate wholeness and perfection and feel harmony that only comes when the mind, body, and soul are aligned.
The Root Chakra-Muladhara
Location: Base of the spine
- Our foundation, our connection to the earth
- The root is our physical needs
- Our ability to feel grounded
- Our personal worth
- Our ability to manifest security and stability for our basic survival needs.
- Our instincts
Qualities of an imbalanced Root Chakra:
- Pain in the lower extremities, back problems, leg problems, vaginal problems
- Fertility and libido issues
- Lethargy, little or too much willpower, addiction, obsessiveness, workaholism
- Primal fear of death
- Focused on lack or scarcity in life
- Feeling spacey, easily distracted
- Lack of self-confidence
- Lack of sex drive
- Feeling that I don’t belong, jealousy, codependency, anxiety, indecisiveness, phobias
- We must transcend our need to move beyond our survival instincts.
- We must face and address unresolved issues from our family, our early experiences, our health, security, and matters of trust.
The Sacral Chakra- Svadhisthana
Location: Below the Navel (the yoni)
- Sexual, sensual, creative energy
- Feminine vitality
- Relationships beyond the family
- Desire for love
- Emotional connections
Qualities of an Imbalanced Sacral Chakra:
- Feeling like a fake
- Repressed creativity and sexually
- Rigid, uninspired
- “Not enough”
- Dimming down
- Take on other people’s problem; becoming empathic
- Not aware of their own emotions
- Letting in emotionally abusive people
- Jealousy, envy, resentment
- Selfish, hedonism, aimless,
- Shallow relationships
- Restlessness, immaturity
- Pessimism and anxiety
- Restless in relationships
- Attached to illusions of love
- Moderation in appetite
- Have time for creative expression and endeavors
- Regular exercise
- Being honest in our relationship with self and others
- Tapping into our femininity, our sensual and intuitive sexual nature for our self
The Solar Plexus Chakra- ManiPura
Location: Above the Navel
- Personal power
Qualities of an imbalanced Solar Plexus Chakra
- Poor digestion
- Asthma and other respiratory problems
- Organ problems, especially in the liver and kidneys
- Nerve pain
- Difficulty gaining or losing weight
- Misuse of power; abuse or giveaway
- Low self worth and unable to take full responsibility
- Hypersensitivity and overreactivity to perceived criticism
- In need of validation
- Self-absorption; vanity/narcissism over concern with appearance
- Greed, rigid conformity
- Judgmental, egotism, perfectionism
- Rights before responsibility
- Restless, dissatisfaction with life
- We must confront our personal strengths and weakness.
- We must learn to face our fears and celebrate our accomplishments.
- We must harness our inner fire and go after our deepest desires.
- We can then learn to share, serve and cooperate without needing external validation.
The Heart Chakra
Located: Center of the Spine, center of the chest
- Love, devotion, equilibrium, compassion, transformation
- Our ability to express love for self and others.
- It is the bridge connecting the lower and higher energies of our being and is the place where resides our Spirit, our true Self, free and independent.
- The heart is necessary to channel the energies from the lower three chakras and connect them with our higher spiritual intelligence.
Qualities of Imbalances in the Heart Chakra:
- Immune system or heart problems
- Walls around the heart; being heartless
- Self-sabotaging, inner criticism
- Stuck in past mistakes
- Ruthless, disconnect from emotions
- Resentment; hatred towards past partners or relationships
- Unable to truly give or receive love
- Inappropriate emotional expression; poor emotional boundaries
- Intense fear of rejection, withdrawn,
- Believing that love will only be felt for a short time before it being taken away
- A bleeding heart, possessiveness
- We must be willing to open back up into love, to heal our past wounds, to observe the reactionary states that come when old wounds are triggered, to see this as a time to heal; to accept our past and be brave and open as we go into the future. We can then learn to forgive self and others.
- We can learn that our greatest power truly is love, To thy own self be true is the path.
The Throat Chakra- Visuddha
Element: Akasha-space or the void
- Spiritual purification and awakening occur in this chakra.
- Speaking our truth
- When to speak and when to listen
- To use our powers of communication wisely
- Logic and reason
Qualities of an Imbalanced Throat chakra:
- Fear of losing control
- No control over one’s own life
- Lack of control over one’s speech; speaking too much or inappropriately
- Not being able to listen to others
- Shy, timid, unreliable, inconsistent
- Arrogant, dogmatic, self righteous
- Excessive fear of speaking
- Small, imperceptible voice
- Not being able to keep secrets, to keep your word
- Telling lies
- On the opposite side, a closed throat chakra might manifest as excessive secretiveness or shyness
- Lack of connection with a vocation or purpose in life
- Move beyond fear, doubt and negativity.
- We must learn to surrender and trust a higher power.
- Mantra and meditation are key practices to balancing the throat chakra.
The Third Eye Chakra- Ajna
Location: In between the brows
- The chakra of self-realization
- Knowledge that “All is one”
- The boundary between human and divine consciousness
- Associated with higher knowledge, the subtler aspects of sight, and intuition.
- The seat of awareness and inner vision
Qualities of an Imbalanced Third eye chakra:
- Headaches, migraines
- Eye and sinus problems; blindness, unable to focus
- Disillusion; disconnection from reality; not sure what is real
- Disconnected from a higher power
- Stuck in the life patterns
- Unable to discern between ego and higher self
- Manipulative – hides behinds knowledge
- We must learn to act from our intuitive hits, to follow our inner direction and stand firm in our resolve; to know that we know.
The Crown Chakra
Color: Colorless or white
Location: (top) Crown of the head
- The realm of ultimate truth – self-actualization
- It is here that we realize the oneness of our soul, that we are no longer separate
- This is a place of spiritual mastery and enlightenment
- When the crown chakra is open, we are aware that we are spirit on earth
Qualities of an Imbalanced Crown Chakara:
- Spiritual denial
- Religious fanaticism
- Abuse of power
- Obsessive attachment to spiritual matters
- Living in the head; disconnected from the body
- Daily Meditation, believe in a higher power, see the world as a reflection.
- Tap into the source the god-like essence within yourself.
- Pray or be in constant conversation with the universe, god, spirit, nature, and realize you are one with it all
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Heidi Fischer 6 MINUTE READ
- by Katherine Ditchburn 4 MINUTE READ
- by Cheryl Bruedigam 6 MINUTE READ
- by Connie Rogers 8 MINUTE READ
- by Kori Anderson 4 MINUTE READ
- by Sierra Vandervort 5 MINUTE READ