10 Eating Strategies To Nourish The Sacral Chakra
Behind an aversion to fish or craving for salty fries are deeper messages about flowing freely with life’s inevitable changes. Yes, our relationship with food can be a powerful guide to unraveling who we are. It all comes down to the understanding that everything is connected.
Thanks to the current collaboration of scientific disciplines and the birth of quantum physics, we are discovering more about how life works. What we do know is that consciousness is at the origin of life experiences. Consciousness orchestrates the subtle energy that vibrates at different frequencies, accumulating in energy centers within the body called chakras. Each chakra vibrates at a particular frequency reflecting that level of consciousness while impacting specific biological processes.
Here we are speaking of the sacral chakra. The sacral energies bring up the theme of predictability and control. The universal lesson here is to take off the micromanaging gloves and learn how to flow with life’s changes.
Of course, this is easier said than done! We’ve all found ourselves in times of constriction, restriction, and wanting ever detail under our control. We have all had times where the unknown has left us in a state of fear. The trouble is when we remain in fear, we shut down our creativity, and we disconnect from a world of possibilities. Since everything is connected, if we remain in this state too long, our biology, particularly the health of the kidneys, bladder, large intestines, and the reproductive system will also be affected.
The good news is through food’s energetic connection to the chakras we can initiate the healing process. In this case of the sacral energies, we can begin to choose foods aligned with this level of consciousness and create a space to invite more flexibility and adaptability into our lives.
10 Eating Strategies to Nourish the Sacral Chakra
1. Incorporate sea animal and plant-based protein. Fish carries the energetic essence, fat qualities, and anti-inflammatory properties to support energy flow to the sacral chakra. Choose wild salmon, halibut, and arctic char. If you’re not eating any animal sources, then go ahead and add lentils, quinoa, tempeh, peas, and seaweed to your diet.
2. Add mono- and polyunsaturated fats to your diet. Fats can be free-flowing and flexible, as in unsaturated fats, or solid and stable, as in saturated fats. To nourish the sacral energies, pick the flexible ones. This includes flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, hemp seeds, cashews, and avocado.
3. Stay hydrated. The essence of water is directly linked to the sacral energies. In addition to consciously drinking more water, add high water content foods to your diet. Options include broccoli, cabbage, bell peppers, radishes, cucumbers, beets, and tomatoes.
4. Add the salty flavor. The salty flavor draws energy in and down providing a grounding effect during times of unknown. Cook with a quality sea salt. Add seaweed, sardines, barley, fermented miso, millet, and kimchi to your diet. No salt shakers!
5. Eat orange-colored foods. Colors are the physical manifestations of energy frequencies with orange resonating with the sacral chakra. Add carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, mango, apricots, and papaya to your meals.
6. Add moistening foods to your diet. Moistening foods will help keep energy and blood flowing freely. Add almonds, mushrooms, navy beans, and coconut to your diet.
7. Add diversity to your diet. The more flexible you become in your diet, the more flexible you become! Introduce new foods into your diet. Get off your eating schedule. Add some creativity to your meals.
8. Be playful about planning meals. You chose whether cooking is fun or a chore. Use your time in the kitchen to create and be playful. Unleashing our creativity allows us to expand our thinking, adding more flexibility into our lives.
9. Dine with others. Connecting with others is a nurturing act of the sacral chakra. Invite a friend over for dinner. Have lunch with a coworker. Eat at the community table at the restaurant. You never know who you may meet!
10. Bring awareness to the underlying message. Use your food cravings, aversions, and eating behaviors as ways to understand yourself better. Whether it’s a salt craving, wanting a fatty meal, bingeing on nuts, being restrictive in your food choices, or constantly dehydrated, bring awareness to your sacral energies.
As you start following these food strategies, I invite you to contemplate the deeper questions. Ask, What or where in my life am I resisting? Where can I find resolve? How can I become more playful in my life? What can I add to my life that I enjoy doing?
Everything we do has a rippling effect. As you learn to act with flexibility and adaptability, know you are inspiring others to do the same!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Michelle Davis 7 MINUTE READ
- by saboor Ahmad 6 MINUTE READ
- by Shawngela Pierce 1 MINUTE READ
- by Boyd Martin 6 MINUTE READ
- by Michelle Davis 9 MINUTE READ
- by Nidia Ramirez 14 MINUTE READ