The Fool-Proof Way To Reinvigorate Your Life
Sandra glances at the watch while waiting for her friends to arrive at the pub. Hands all clammy from cold sweat, she taps her feet to keep the ragged breathing in check. Her mind keeps hurling back to a meeting with one of the biggest prospective clients that afternoon. A single mom with heaps of responsibilities, the advertising executive had gone blank in the middle of a presentation, leaving the clients fuming.
But this was not the first time that she had felt this way. She had nearly fled the bar the last time she was supposed to meet her school buddies, crippled with panic attacks and erratic breathing issues. So, what was causing her to have frequent panic or anxiety attacks? Psychologists would mostly point to stress as the leading cause of such mental breakdowns. Adulting is hard and brings with it various complications that end up taking a heavy toll on our mind. Sometimes, it becomes near impossible to look at the world with a positive outlook due to prolonged mental battles.
However, with spirituality and mindfulness practices, we can bring back a positive attitude in our lives.
Importance of mindfulness and spirituality in mental well-being
- Mindfulness training and attuning to your spiritual self can help in improving your working memory. Attention and working memory are closely linked. Since mindfulness practices are proven to improve attention, working memory also gets a boost through the same.
- Mindfulness and spirituality have positive contributions towards well-being as well. Enhanced self-awareness comes as a result of long-term mindfulness practices. That, in turn, can help you gain positive insights about life.
- Being one with your spiritual self, coupled with regular mindfulness practices, can help in fighting depressive symptoms too. As depression is closely linked to negativity, you can try to combat those by being more mindful about the surroundings and your own self.
- Finally, mindfulness and spirituality can help you tap into your strengths as well. Mindfulness meditation relieves the suffering of the mind. It also brings about the compassionate and wise side of an individual. This is a great way to cultivate positive characteristics and build up on your strengths.
How to bring positivity in your life through mindfulness
- Create a mindfulness space at home with comfortable rugs, throw pillows, potpourri, and scented candles, if possible.
- Tell your mind to make a conscious effort to focus on the present moment.
- Let your body and mind do nothing and just savor the moments.
- Whatever you do, do not check the time at frequent intervals.
- Pay minute attention to your thoughts, actions, words, motivations, and flow of judgment.
- Focus carefully on inhaling and exhaling over and over again.
- Try not to be too hard on yourself when your mind wanders away. Instead, gently bringing it back to the present moment.
- Soften your gaze and try concentrating on what your limbs are doing.
- Gradually attune yourself with your body and the sensation of taking in deep breaths.
- Play some ambient music to help your mind focus.
How to bring positivity in your life through spirituality
- Start your day with a short meditation session. It can range from simple mindfulness meditation to listening to a guided meditation podcast.
- Spiritual practices don’t necessarily have to be about visiting a shrine or performing certain rituals. If you like being outdoors, try going for a walking meditation session. Give your mind some time to pause and reflect.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Similar to counting your blessings, jot down at least two or three things every day that make you feel grateful towards your life and the world at large.
- Ensure that you maintain a healthy diet and work out regularly, taking care of your body all the while.
- Educate yourself about spirituality – read books, listen to podcasts from spiritual guides, and join a meditation or chanting community to gain more insights.
- Practice little doses of spirituality in your routine. From pledging to do a good turn each day to finding joy in the simple things in life, take positive actions to reach out to your spiritual self.
Summing it up
Set up a mindfulness space which serves as your personal retreat when at home. At work, try to take a few minutes off when you feel the pressure getting the better of you. The better you learn to manage stress and anxiety with spirituality and mindfulness practices, the more you will be able to gain a positive outlook. Try the tips discussed in this post. Put your life in the broader perspective to see things clearly. It is okay to falter when you are at the end of your mental reserves. But the more important thing is knowing that you can get back up, no matter how gloomy your life may seem at the moment. Here is wishing for mental peace to come your way.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Shannon Flynn 6 MINUTE READ
- by Galitta Tassa 6 MINUTE READ
- by Kacey Kingry 7 MINUTE READ
- by Jean Farish 6 MINUTE READ
- by Spencer Martin 10 MINUTE READ
- by Moira Hutchison 56 SECONDS READ