Secrets Of Happy Life
We often believe that ‘I will lead a happy life when I get money… or when I get fame… or when I get success…’
And with this understanding, we keep chasing fame, money, success, etc., in the illusion that it will bring us some kind of lasting fulfillment, some day…But has that ever happened?
No! Then what is the secret of a happy life?
The answer is – Right understanding!
Wrong understanding leads to unhappiness, whereas Right understanding brings happiness and this happiness is not only sure but also permanent.
The right understanding leads to:
1. Peace: Our internal weaknesses such as anger, pride, deceit, greed are the real enemies that have blocked our path to happiness. Due to our wrong understanding, unintentionally we happen to protect and safeguard these weaknesses in our life. Getting the right understanding, when we stop providing our support to the weaknesses, they slowly start taking an exit, one after another; instilling peace within.
2. Love: Detachment is the key to foster love. But what is detachment? People often misunderstand detachment to mean separate from or leave the person we are attached to. No! The right understanding goes like this: We do not have to leave relationships or people we are attached to; we have to leave our attachment / hatred towards the people we are in relation with. Generally, attachment gives rise to expectations and when expectations are not fulfilled, it could lead to hatred, which brings suffering in life. When the attachment and hatred towards anyone and anything we encounter in our life gets dissolved, the suffering too dissolves and love is what remains then.
3. Oneness: The worldly understanding always teaches us ‘mine’ and ‘yours’ that brings nothing but pain in life because where differences exist, love does not. Where there is love, there is oneness; where there is oneness, there is happiness. When we feel one with whosoever we meet, there arises no divisiveness, no differences, and no fault-finding in anybody.
Peace, love, oneness – each is a result; and not an ordinary one to attain!
We can begin this uphill task with:
A firm Resolve: Mentally make a firm decision in that direction and this decision, will draw you, like a magnet to the means and methods to get there.
A heartfelt Repentance: Every time you commit a fault and see someone’s fault; keep asking for forgiveness before God, and resolve ‘I will never do this again’. This will loosen the grip of the nooses that have held you back so far.
Accept ‘whatever happens is correct’: The intellect so far helps get us out of difficult situations in life peacefully and amicably, is fine and acceptable. However the interference of the excess intellect that makes us emotional, shows us baseless fears, gets us worrying unnecessarily, gives rise to conflicts all day long, ruins our happy life. By accepting whatever happens is correct, the interfering intellect will start losing its strength.
Avoid conflicts: Take the initiative to restrain yourself from clashing or involving yourself in any friction, and there you go! You will see yourself avoiding conflicts, and thus having saved your mind, your intellect, your body and your energy levels from suffering the ill-effects of such conflicts.
Adjust Everywhere: Adjustment is the best method to avoid frictions and conflicts and to invite happiness instead in life. Try adjusting to different circumstances that come in life, try to adjust to what people say and how they behave with us in life, adjust to any situation that you find yourself in, with a smile on your face and good feelings in your heart; and you will soon find yourself racing ahead towards your goal of leading a happy life.
Self-Realization: All of the above help us progress in getting to the right understanding. But what is the ultimate right understanding? It is to know thy self; to know your true identity! Would you not be interested in knowing who you really are? We all would be! But how do we know is the main question.
Only the one who has experienced the Soul within, and has the power to make others experience it too, can make us realize our real Self.
Gnani, the Enlightened One, is the one person in the world, who with His divine grace, places this secret of happy life in our hands!! He makes us realize who we really are. That marks the beginning of permanent happiness in our life. After Self-Realization, Gnani’s grace and our effort (in the form of following Gnani’s words) get together and we start seeing old things in a new way. We experience that, things which affected us and gave us suffering earlier, affect us no more, and we are able to remain happy more and more.
When we are happy, we inevitably give out happiness. And when we give out happiness we inevitably get happiness. This spiral effect works wonders and eventually unravels the secret of happy life – not only of our life, but a happy life of everyone around us too!!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Elaine Brewster 9 MINUTE READ
- by Kari Oakley 5 MINUTE READ
- by Arik Xander 17 MINUTE READ
- by Boyd Martin 8 MINUTE READ
- by Amy Ballantyne 8 MINUTE READ
- by Boyd Martin 6 MINUTE READ