5 Easy Steps To Create A Sacred Space In Your Home
Life can be quite challenging: Work, family obligations, and the basic demands of daily living can often drain our valuable energy, making us feel out-of-balance and disconnected from deeper parts of ourselves.
To realign yourself with your center, it’s essential to slow down and quiet your mental chatter on a daily basis. While many of us find it helpful to step outside of our routine by doing things such as taking a walk, gardening, or playing an instrument, we may not always be able to do so.
To resolve this issue, a fun, creative project is setting up a sacred space in your home. This easy-to-access space will be your personal sanctuary; a place where you can pray, meditate, or just be.
SEE ALSO: 4 Awesome Benefits You Get From Retreats
Create Your Sacred Space in Five Easy Steps
- Choose a small location that is away from a lot of activity such as a corner of a bedroom or spare room.
- In your chosen space, place a small low table to hold items that are special to you. If you don’t have one, anything will do, even an old wooden crate.
- Get something comfortable to sit on like a meditation cushion or pillow. The closer you are to the floor, the more grounded you will feel.
- Place items that you find beautiful or love on your table such as things you collected on a walk in nature, inspirational quotes, photographs, crystals, or fresh flowers. These items should speak to your soul in a way that is both nurturing and inspiring, and that connects you to your spiritual nature.
- Experiment by bringing in different items to see what works best for you, adding or deleting items as you go along.
Five Helpful Tips for Using Your Sacred Space
- Dedicate 5-10 minutes a day to sit in your space first thing in the morning and/or in the evening after the busyness of the day concludes. Choose a time when there will be no interruptions. Shut off all electronics and leave them in another room.
- Incorporate small rituals such as lighting a candle to honor yourself or placing written intentions or prayers for yourself and loved ones in a beautiful container.
- Use your space to set an intention for the day, pray, or express gratitude. You may also choose to meditate or sit quietly with awareness to see what surfaces for you.
- A more active way to use your space is to ask Spirit to show you what you need to know regarding a specific situation, or show you areas in your life where you need to grow to become a more compassionate, loving being.
- Keep a journal nearby to write down or sketch any thoughts, images or inspired ideas that may come to you.
It’s important to keep in mind that there is no right or wrong way to create or use your sacred space; just do what feels right to you.
Using your beautiful sanctuary is a gift you can give yourself every day.
It will help you be more grounded so you can live more consciously, give you perspective on what is truly important to you, and deepen your connection with your authentic self.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Tonya J. 9 MINUTE READ
- by miles murray 6 MINUTE READ
- by Arik Xander 9 MINUTE READ
- by Nerisha Maharaj 6 MINUTE READ
- by ARUNDHATI MUKHERJEE 11 MINUTE READ
- by Sivana Spirit 6 MINUTE READ