Quick Guide To Affirmations
Affirmations are sentences used in daily life that have a huge impact on the conscious as well as the subconscious mind. On daily basis we have between 45,000 and 51,000 thoughts a day and according to research most of these thoughts are negative. Thoughts always bring up related mental image and it is being stored in the subconscious.
Without being aware, those sentence affect the way we think and the way we act. Not everyone is really aware of what they think on daily basis. The flow of thoughts cannot be controlled sometimes and we tend to say bad things about ourselves.
What happens that these negativity is stored in subconscious becomes a habit and we have auto-pilot thinking? For example, you tell yourself every day that you will not get that job you want so much because you are not good enough. You keep telling yourself bad things and being negative. What happens then? The chances are, you really will not get that job and not because you were not good enough for it but because you just acted the way you were not good enough. This applies to many other aspects of our lives. As mentioned before, things you tell yourself are the things you become and do.
“You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.” Oprah Winfrey
Good news is, you can change that but not in a couple of days. Ever since you became self-aware you have been telling yourself thousands of things. And it would be hard to estimate how bad the situation is because we do not always observe what we think. What will practice of affirmations do?
Reprogram your subconscious to the positive level
Change the way you think about yourself
Change the way you act
Help you to feel positive and confident
Help you to be aware of the way you think
How to practice affirmations?
1. Does not matter what affirmation is about, make sure to use words like “I am” or “I have”. Do not say things like “I want” to or “I will”. Use present tense.
2. Consistency is recommended. Doing it once a week will not be effective that is why try to practice it as often as you can. Do it before sleep, every night, or even every morning. Try to do it on daily basis or as often as you can.
3. Try to be alone and in quite situation. The reason for it is concentration. Saying affirmation just blindly will not have any result.
4. Feel the affirmation. This is the most vital part. Whenever you pronounce the words you really need feel these words. Even if you do not believe whatever you tell yourself, fake it and pretend that you believe it.
5. Recording your own voice and listening to it is also another option. That is what I used to do myself. You can just record the affirmation you want to use and listen to it. It is also handy when you are on your way to work, for example. Another option for this is listen to affirmation audio on YouTube.
6. Practice in front of the mirror and smile! Especially if you use affirmation for self-esteem. Just look at yourself and tell yourself all the good things. It is a lot of fun so be creative.
To be short, just remember that consistency and feelings is the key!
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Sivana Spirit 6 MINUTE READ
- by Melanie Phillips 7 MINUTE READ
- by Lauri Ann Lumby 5 MINUTE READ
- by Olivia Weil 10 MINUTE READ
- by Stephen Light 9 MINUTE READ
- by Greer Alexandra 6 MINUTE READ