Power Of Decision Making
The greatest power gifted to human being is the power to make decisions!
However, the power of decision-making varies sharply from person to person. Few are quick and swift in making even life-changing decisions whereas some are seen struggling all life to manage only the basic decisions. What do you think is the reason behind this difference?
What exactly determines the power of decision-making in a person?
Let us know…
Do you know our inner machinery functions very similar to a Parliamentary system?
The mind’s function is to present information, the consciousness stores the visuals, the intellect plays the vital role that of a Prime Minister and renders decisions, while the ego plays the President, putting its signatures on those decisions.
So, it is the intellect that makes decisions.
Just like one is not able to hear when his ears are not functioning, one is unable to smell when his nose is facing difficulty; similarly one is not able to decide when his intellect fails to carry out its function.
And where does the ultimate power lie?
Intellect makes the decision, but it is based on scientific circumstantial evidences’.
Let us understand what does that mean…
For example, you see a beautiful rainbow in the sky.
Now, who do you think made the rainbow? And who filled in the colours in the rainbow?
No one! The rainbow just happens. When all the required circumstantial evidences come together, only then do we see a rainbow. The sun, the clouds, the observer, the time, etc. are called circumstantial evidences.
Similarly, the decision gets made by the intellect when all the circumstantial evidences required for the decision, come together. And when and how these circumstances will come together is determined by the law of Nature.
Decisions happen when relaxed and rested.
A clear and relaxed intellect is one of the important evidence that influences the decision-making. If the thoughts and emotions are swirling around in our head at the time of making decision, they tend to confuse and cloud the intellect. This causes stress and makes one feel depressed.
In such a situation, what you can do, at your end, is:
1. Limit the options: Keeping a wide array of choices open, one is often plagued with indecisiveness. Narrow down your options based on your goals. If you are clear on your goals, nature is by your side; things become straight forward and you will find the right path.
2. Pros and cons of decision: Make use of the most popular ‘pros and cons’ list method. Write down your thoughts on paper to get your mind freed of the clutter. Work through the positive and negative aspects of each choice under consideration and evaluate which choice’s positives are more and which one’s negatives are more.
3. Ask for help: Getting a personal opinion from your friend or guide or someone you trust can empower your decision-making, by giving you the confidence and reassurance that you require at this hour. Serve him the facts, your thoughts and the options you are considering along with their pros and cons. And ask him what you should do. Your friend’s suggestion gets you to the decision.
4. Do not get emotional: Note in which direction are the circumstantial evidences are pushing you and let that guide you in your decision making. When the time is right, the evidences will come forth and decision will come about, on its own. Keep studying the evidences and in some time decision will be taken automatically.
5. Be spontaneous: If we think, we shall realize that we are just one of so many factors in the matter of making a decision about a particular thing. Sometimes we may have made a particular decision about something and eventually due to other circumstantial evidences; we may have to change it to something that is just out of our imagination. Why does that happen? So just be spontaneous and go with the flow without taking the stress of doer ship.
Nature empowers you with the best decision-making power when the Self remains in the function of the Self and the intellect remains in the function of the intellect. And for that, the first step is to gain Self Realization from the Gnani, the Enlightened One!!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Shannon Flynn 6 MINUTE READ
- by Galitta Tassa 6 MINUTE READ
- by Kacey Kingry 7 MINUTE READ
- by Jean Farish 6 MINUTE READ
- by Spencer Martin 10 MINUTE READ
- by Moira Hutchison 56 SECONDS READ