9 Secrets To Deepening Your Self Love
Loving, nurturing, and nourishing ourselves is an innate thing. It is built into our human nature, yet, through many layers of conditioning, as we grow up, we get derailed from this axiomatic behavior. Our self-awareness can help us to notice how we are sabotaging our self-love. With loving practices, resetting our minds and habits, and healing our emotional landscape, we can return to our innate ways. The more awakened we are, the more we can deepen our self-love.
Often, when we are working on raising our self-love, we stay with the obvious actions that are easy to do in a daily rush giving us an immediate feeling of renewal.
I would like to share with you a few things that often get missed because they are not surface-level self-love actions. These are the things that may take more time and effort, but bring you fundamental change, and lasting results in your level of self-love.
SEE ALSO: Why You MUST Be True To Yourself
- Self-care is often mistaken for self-love because they have a close connection. Self-care is the action, and self-love is the outcome.
- Self-care is also not about personal care. So for example, when you give yourself time to take a shower, or wash your hair, even though these activities can make you feel renewed, they belong to the category of personal care, because you do them with the intention of keeping yourself clean. It is the intention that makes self-care, self-care. If you take a daily bath to keep yourself clean, that’s personal care. If you take a bath with the intention to relax and unwind, that’s more in the category of self-care.
- Self-care is the act of prioritizing yourself no matter what. Creating the habit of prioritizing yourself is a potent act of self-love, especially when you feel you:✦ don’t have time for you✦ are selfish or guilty to make space for you✦ are wasting precious time if you just lie in the bath relaxing instead of getting on with your to-do list.✦ take care of everyone else but you.
You can build it through little, but intentional acts of self-care activities.
- Self-love also requires a mindset shift and it won’t happen overnight, it is a journey that you dedicate yourself to. In order to create that mindset shift allowing you to love and appreciate yourself more and more, including opportunities for emotional and energetic healing in your self-care:✦ letting go of past baggage,✦ old wounds,✦ limiting beliefs.
There are so many modalities out there to help you with healing, choose what calls you.
- Working with your ‘Sisterhood Wound’ is a powerful route to deepen your self-love. Each of us has a soul’s purpose, and if your soul was born into a female body and you identify as a woman, you have much to do with healing the sisterhood wound. It will show up for each of us differently.It might be that you continuously compare yourself to your ‘sisters’ and criticize, shame, and put yourself down through these comparisons.It might be that you feel safer in your masculine and keep pushing and hustling, cannot trust others (especially women), and delegate or ask for help so you burn out and feel unloved and not worthy.It might be that you find it hard to love your body and femininity and not fully claim the power and joy of being a woman, and the female life journey.
However this wound is showing up for you, it is a collective wound of our divine feminine, and as women, directly connected to our ability to love ourselves. Our womb is a sacred place that holds both shadows and lights. We are becoming aware of the need to heal and cleanse our womb space to fully accept and love ourselves.
- Connecting and nurturing your inner child can start as simple as remembering yourself as a little girl and sending love to yourself as you recall various memories, or rewriting the story from your present perspective to let go of the old story.This connection and healing can deepen through working with a healer/coach and using deeper modalities.One thing is for sure. Loving the little girl, the young woman you used to be is a potent way to give yourself love.
- As I mentioned the sisterhood wound, I must mention sitting in ceremony, connecting with the moon cycles, the seasons, and our own cyclical nature as foundational elements of expanding your self-love. These are sacred feminine ways, as well as practical magic providing you time and space to be with yourself, get grounded, and connected in mind, body, and soul.
- Follow what lights you up! This can expand your self-love very powerfully. But its power lies in consistency. You don’t just do it once when you get an amazing inspiration.Following what lights you up is closely connected to prioritizing.Because logic can take over so quickly. We can feel silly by following what lights us up. These can be really small things like buying flowers, going for a swim, or making lemonade from scratch in the hot summer. So they can seem like nothing. Their significance can get lost and you may not even feel you’re doing something for yourself and nurturing yourself. But ignore nor underestimate these yearnings within you.Remember it is the intention that makes self-care a self-care. It takes courage and intention to listen within, and willing to hear, and follow what lights you up, instead of following what you think you should do. Lastly, whilst you are reading through these powerful ways of deepening your self-love, I do want to honor the potency and magic of the well known daily self-care practices like a candlelit bath, a date with yourself, a walk in the woods, a day in the spa, a delicious cup of hot chocolate, dancing, meditating, or whatever takes your fancy.
- Lastly, whilst you are reading through these powerful ways of deepening your self-love, I do want to honor the potency and magic of the well known daily self-care practices like a candlelit bath, a date with yourself, a walk in the woods, a day in the spa, a delicious cup of hot chocolate, dancing, meditating, or whatever takes your fancy.
This list, of course, is not complete. I could carry on talking about other powerful tools and opportunities to deepen your self-love, like looking into your own eyes in the mirror and telling yourself ‘I love you’ over and over again. This can have profound effects if you keep it up.
There are many ways to nurture and nourish yourself into deep self-acceptance and love. YOU know what YOU need so give it to yourself. Immerse in loving and nurturing yourself, delight in the impact intentionally loving yourself brings into all areas of your life, and confidently leverage these impacts in tangible ways. This is a journey for a lifetime, so most of all, enjoy it and allow yourself to be creative with it.
Always give yourself what you yearn for because they are the true desires and wishes of your soul. Daring to honor your soul’s calling, instead of the shoulds, or other’s expectations is deep self-love. And as Oscar Wilde said – “To love oneself is a beginning of a lifelong romance”
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Iam Saums 7 MINUTE READ
- by Sally Bridwell 7 MINUTE READ
- by Boyd Martin 6 MINUTE READ
- by Dr. Mara Karpel 22 MINUTE READ
- by Jean Farish 7 MINUTE READ
- by Samantha Higgins 8 MINUTE READ