7 Quotes To Remind You That The Path To Healing Is Not Linear
The journey to healing can be profoundly rewarding and a deeply spiritual experience. You will experience new states of being as old thought patterns and anxieties fall away. You may notice feelings of expansiveness in your body and mind, in essence a new sense of freedom. You feel as though your deepest dreams and manifestations are finally within reach.
Then out of nowhere, an old trigger reopens a wound. This can be devastating. Suddenly, you are knocked off your feet and back to feelings of longing and despair. Negative thoughts are looping in your mind and it feels as though everything you’ve worked towards has fallen away. You are frustrated, wondering how did you end up back in this place so quickly? How it is possible to have come so far only to end up right back where you started? Feelings of anger, grief and sadness overwhelm you.
When this happens, I force myself to remember that the path to healing is not linear. My comfort during this time is faith- it is in trusting that I am on the right path. It is also knowing that self-love is the balm that will tend to these wounds, time and time again.
While there is no clear-cut path to inner-peace and each person’s journey is unique, these quotes help me to trust the path that I am and renew my faith that there is a divine plan for me:
1) “My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that was misses me was never meant for me.” –Imam Al-Shafi’i
2) “This ‘process’ has so many layers. The anger, the grief, the denial. The grief again. The part where you think you’ve ‘healed it all’. The part where you realize you definitely have more work to do. The part where you’re angry about the work you thought you did. The part where you soften. The part where you forgive. The part where you realize…this ‘process’ is ever evolving. And as much as you know what you need we all have no idea what we’re doing. And finding our comfort in the unknown is THE human experience and THE work.” –Yasmine Cheyenne
3) “Forgive the depth of your longing. You are the love made to fill it.” – Alice Frank
4) “Just let go. Let go of how you thought your life should be, and embrace the life that is trying to work its way into your consciousness.” –Caroline Myss
5) “ To trust yourself is to trust in Source/God. For He created you in His image. Believe in your power and move mountains.” –Shariciana
6) “You must learn to trust that there is a future waiting for you that is beyond what you might be able to grasp at this present moment.” –Holisticism
7) “You are loved just for being who you are, just for existing. You don’t have to do anything to earn it. Your shortcomings, your lack of self-esteem, physical perfection, or social and economic success- none of that matters. No one can take this love away from you, and it will always be here.” –Ram Dass
As you reflect on these quotes, remember that you are never alone in your path to healing. It takes strength and courage to walk your path each day. Revisiting your old wounds and tending to them is all part of your plan. Learning to love yourself and deepening your faith are the anchors on your journey to healing.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Dena Gould 4 MINUTE READ
- by Lubomira Kourteva 28 MINUTE READ
- by Veena Haasl-Blilie 10 MINUTE READ
- by Spencer Martin 10 MINUTE READ
- by Lubomira Kourteva 26 MINUTE READ
- by Galitta Tassa 6 MINUTE READ