21 Profound Pieces Of Chinese Wisdom You’ve Never Heard
Chinese wisdom has often been noted for its symbolic and sometimes confusing analogies. The added step of having to figure out the meaning makes you think about the message that much deeper — a testament to wisdom in these quotes.
Profound and simple, these quotes will leave you with a deep impression.
- The goal of life is to die young, but as late as possible.
- Do not be afraid of going slowly. Only be afraid of standing still.
- Don’t be afraid that you don’t know something. Be afraid of not learning about it.
- If you cannot handle small things then all your grander schemes will come to nothing.
- A good teacher opens the door for you, but you must enter the room by yourself.
- One who points out your flaws is not necessarily your enemy; the one who always compliments you is not necessarily your friend.
- A small cottage wherein laughter lives is worth more than a palace full of tears.
- Always safeguard peace and quiet. When the time is right, the flowers will bloom.
- If you trip and fall, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you are going in the wrong direction.
- Unhappiness enters a door that is already open.
- Always look on the bright side of things. If you can’t comprehend this, polish that which has dulled until it begins to shine.
- The wind does not help anyone who is not sailing anywhere.
- The wind howls, but the mountain remains.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
- The greatest battle is the one that did not happen.
- The man who moved the mountain was the one who began carrying away the smallest stones.
- Once you’ve made a mistake, the only thing you can do is laugh at it.
- A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark.
- A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all.
- A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind.
- A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Natasha Ganes 4 MINUTE READ
- by Alex Wise 8 MINUTE READ
- by Jennifer Salzillo 4 MINUTE READ
- by Ashley Leavy 8 MINUTE READ
- by Emileena Pedigo 7 MINUTE READ
- by Kadara Oshun 11 MINUTE READ