Making The Most Of Solitary Moments
Time alone can either be embraced or avoided. You may not have many opportunities for solitary moments, or perhaps you spend a lot of time alone and struggle with how to fill your hours. Regardless of whether time alone excites or frustrates you, here are some ideas about how to make the most of your solitary moments:
SEE ALSO: Overwhelmed By Thinking? Try This!
1. Are you a movie buff?
Being alone is the perfect opportunity to watch some films you’ve wanted to see.
- To really make the most of your alone time, keep a running list of the movies you want to see. Then you can select the ones that will provide you with the most enjoyment.
2. Spend time doing what you love.
If you have a hobby you adore, you know that there’s never too much time for your hobby. With some occasional alone time, you have some chances to really get into your favorite pastime, whatever it may be.
- Perhaps you love to write poetry but rarely have the opportunity to sit down and write. Plan to spend your next bit of solitary time waxing poetic.
3. Getting in tune with nature is a wonderful way to spend time alone.
Take a walk outdoors, visit your local park, go to the nearest lake, or visit the ocean if you’re lucky enough to live close to one.
- Observe everything that’s going on around you: birds flying by, dogs taking their masters for a walk, and children playing in the sand.
- Becoming re-acquainted with nature from time to time will enable you to gain peace and serenity from your solitary moments.
Reading your favorite novel or biography can be highly enjoyable when home alone. Is there anything as comforting as curling up with a good book?
5. Make plans.
If you are a Type A personality and prefer to be productive most of the time, consider your solitary moments as little gems of time for planning future productivity. Make a list of all the work tasks you want to accomplish over the next month or two.
- Try writing out the changes you want to make in your home. Then prioritize them.
- You could even record goals you hope to achieve over the next 5 years.
6. Enjoy new games, apps, and gadgets.
With all the new technology available today, perhaps you’ve been looking for some time to learn all of the ins and outs of your new gadget. With solitary moments, you can explore your new apps or have some fun playing a game.
- It’s okay to spend some of your time alone engaging in fun and frivolity. These are your moments. Enjoy them!
7. Meditate to bring calmness, balance, and joy to your life.
Practicing meditation is known to reduce anxiety, increase feelings of wellness and encourage relaxation.
- Delving into meditation will enrich your life in a number of ways. It may even help you sleep better.
8. Learn something new.
If you’ve always wanted to learn more about the history of your country or how to speak Spanish, obtain some books and DVDs to begin your “education.”
Regardless of how much time alone you have, you can make the most of those solitary moments. You can engage in your favorite hobby, get closer to nature, read a book, or learn something new. Make a conscious decision about how to spend your alone time and your life will be changed for the better!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Mani Raman 15 MINUTE READ
- by Dada Bhagwan 8 MINUTE READ
- by Kevin Gardner 5 MINUTE READ
- by Jenn Maronek 8 MINUTE READ
- by John McElhenney 7 MINUTE READ
- by Naomi Lambert 11 MINUTE READ