5 Ways To Get Let Go Of A Bad Mood In Under 5 Minutes
Ever get the feeling that you could kill a person with a stare? Like your day couldn’t get any worse, and that you’re drowning in anxiety. I’ve been there. It’s terrible. This list has helped me before and will help you to find your center. There’s no doubt that you’ll get a lot out of it!
SEE ALSO: 10 Interesting Facts About Hanuman
One of the hardest things we can do is to silence the negative critic in our heads. But it’s not as simple as ‘ignoring it’; we have to fight it with positive thinking.
Use mantras like:
Om Mani Padme Hum-
- Om (ohm)- Om is the sound or “vibration” of the universe. This sound is the most important of all; but in the context of chanting and mantras, it’s meant to destroy attachments to ego and establish generosity.
- Ma (mah)- Removes the attachment to jealousy and establishes ethics.
- Ni (nee)- Removes the attachment to desire and establishes patience.
- Pad (pahd)- Removes the attachment to prejudice and establishes perseverance.
- Me (meh)- Removes the attachment to possessiveness and establishes concentration.
- Hum (hum)- Removes the attachment to hatred and establishes wisdom.
Om is said to be the first sound heard at the creation of the universe.
In very simple terms, Sat means Truth and Nam means Name. You could translate it as Truth is my name.
2) Go Outside
It’s funny how sometimes the simplest things can have the biggest influence on us. Believe it or not, studies have shown going outside for a walk can be just as effective as taking antidepressants and other forms of cognitive therapy.
‘Green exercise,’ such as outings in the country or a park, are especially effective in abolishing bad moods.
Acupressure is one of the least used practices for reducing stress, even though it’s probably one of the most impactful. By tapping these points you can help shift your negative energy toward a more positive one. Tapping has been seen to help reduce emotions of sadness, anger, and anxiety. Check out a quick acupressure guide for the hands, here.
One of the greatest things we can do to turn around our mood is to simply be. Sitting down and focusing on something as simple as the breath will help you let go of negative thoughts. Just shifting the focus is powerful enough to help you feel better.
Research has found that scents such as orange and lavender can help reduce levels of anxiety while simultaneously boosting the mood.
One study discovered that, when orange and lavender ambient scents were placed in a dental office, patients experienced decreased feelings of anxiety and improved mood as they waited for their dental procedures. This is when compared to other patients who either listened to music or got neither music nor the orange and lavender scents.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Shannon Flynn 6 MINUTE READ
- by Galitta Tassa 6 MINUTE READ
- by Kacey Kingry 7 MINUTE READ
- by Jean Farish 6 MINUTE READ
- by Spencer Martin 10 MINUTE READ
- by Moira Hutchison 56 SECONDS READ