How To Awaken Self-Love To Transform Your Life
Love is all around, within, always. The very fabric of the universe vibrates at the frequency of joy. In each moment we are loved beyond what we could ever imagine. Yet most of us believe otherwise because of our wounds and attachments. We need courage and gentle determination to develop self-love. Love can only be found when we have the willingness to welcome ourselves into our hearts. By opening up to the totality of who we are and embracing it fully, we welcome the love from the universe into our life. We then become able to receive love from others.
For some, the idea of self-love may conjure images of indulgence, narcissism or vanity. Yet nothing could be further from the truth. It is only when we love ourselves that we can love others. When we love ourselves, we begin to look at life not as something happening “to me”, but as a reflection of who we are. We feel closer to, even a part of, everything. There is a gentle sense of embrace that surrounds us at all times. We feel rooted, vital and expansive, able to participate in life and follow our joy with openness and courage.
Self-love is not about being attached and fascinated with the notion of “me” or “mine”. It is a sacred thing that brings us close to the divine. It requires a paradigm shift to feeling connected to a force much greater than our limited ego. Self-love guides us to our true, infinite nature, so that, in turn, we may love all.
Here is a guided practice to help you connect with self-love.
- Find a quiet and relaxed environment where you feel safe and comfortable.
- Lie on your back in a relaxed position, knees bent or legs outstretched, arms at your sides. Place a blanket over yourself for warmth.
- Close your eyes and move your awareness inward. Breathe quietly. Allow your body to relax. Feel fully supported by the floor.
- Imagine that a warm, strong and comforting red light, from the very center of the Earth, rises slowly up through your feet into your body. The light rises through your ankles, legs, and hips, filling your legs full of red light. Feel the red light, the vitality, the warmth, the strength.
- Allow it to continue to rise through your pelvis, through your abdomen, and into your heart. Let it rest in your heart. Feel the strength and the warmth of the red light in your heart.
- Then sense or see a pure, white light descend from the heavens, through the crown of your head. It fills your head with radiant light. This radiant white light continues to flood your being through your throat and shoulders, traveling down your arms, into your heart.
- In your heart, the red light from the Earth and the white light from the heavens meet to create a soothing pink light. Allow this light to expand through your heart and fill it up. It continues to expand through your whole body/being until you feel every cell radiant, full of this loving pink light. The light flows through you and around you, surrounding your body in a beautiful cocoon of loving pink light.
- Allow yourself to rest here, feeling loved. Feel the weight of your body on the floor, noticing how the ground unconditionally supports you. Feel the light move through you, unconditionally nurturing you.
- Quietly invoke the sensation, feeling it through your entire being, radiant in your very soul, repeating: “I am love. I am loved. I am love. I am loved.”
- Continue repeating this until you feel it resonate in the very core of your being. You are love. You are loved.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Ashley Leavy 8 MINUTE READ
- by Aimee Hughes 7 MINUTE READ
- by Sarah Lawrence 4 MINUTE READ
- by Parvati Devi 4 MINUTE READ
- by Jonathan Greene 8 MINUTE READ
- by Joseph McLean 9 MINUTE READ