Avoid Letting Fear Beat You: 7 Ways To Boost Your Courage Instantly
If you’re not actively pursuing your dreams, fear is likely to blame. Fear can stop you from taking the actions necessary to achieve success. Some people are experts at plowing through fears, while others could use a few tips. You’d be shocked by how much your life would change if you could just increase your courage by 10%! That’s all it takes. Courage creates action, which boosts your courage even higher. Follow these strategies to increase your courage and accomplish more:
1) Visualize success
Fear comes from imagining the worst, so one solution is to imagine a positive outcome. It’s important to make the visualization as real as possible. Use all of your senses to create a realistic scene. Imagine how you’ll feel when you’re successful.
◦ Do this regularly and it will make a difference. Employing this technique even one time can be enough to take the edge off your fear and allow you to act.
2) Imagine your child is watching you
It’s easy to take the easy way out when you’re alone. Have you ever noticed that the presence of an audience can make you a little bolder? No one wants to lose face in front of their peers.
◦ Now, imagine that your child is watching you. Who wants to be afraid in front of their own kid? No one! Tell yourself that you’re going to set a good example. Behave the way you’d want your child to behave.
3) Call on your alter ego
You have multiple “personalities”. There’s the personality you use at work. There’s another personality you use with your friends. Another you use at home. And yet another you’d use at a job interview.
◦ You can have a personality that is bold and brave. Become that person. Give him or her a backstory. Feel the way they would feel. Do what they would do. Just be that person.
4) Ask yourself what a brave person would do
Ask yourself what a brave person would do and choose that course of action. Think of someone you know that’s brave and contemplate how they would handle the situation you’re in. If you know someone who is courageous, ask them what they would do if they were you.
5) Imagine you only have a week left to live
If you knew you were done in a week, you wouldn’t be afraid of anything. You’d have a great perspective on life, and nothing could bother you. If you’re going to die soon, would you care what some stranger thought of you or your failure? Of course not.
6) Focus on the regret you’ll feel if you fail to act
Instead of thinking about failure, think about the consequences of never trying. Regret is a painful pill to swallow. Give yourself the chance to be successful. The last thing anyone wants is to spend the latter part of life wondering “what if?”
7) Change your physiology
Breathe deeply. Stand up straight. Look straight ahead. Stand the way an emperor would stand. Imagine yourself as the most successful and powerful person in history. How would you stand, breathe, and think? Do that.
Is fear limiting your choices in life? What would you do if you were free of fear? Fortunately, you don’t have to eliminate your fear by 100% to see a drastic change in your life. It just takes a small boost in courage to get the ball rolling.
When you’re faced with fear, try using one of these techniques and notice what happens. Take action and learn a new way of approaching the world – without fear!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Elisa Palma-Hancock 7 MINUTE READ
- by Sara Fabian 5 MINUTE READ
- by Dr. Carmen Harra 11 MINUTE READ
- by Debra O'Keefe 9 MINUTE READ
- by Ellen Baker 5 MINUTE READ
- by Sandra Christiana 7 MINUTE READ