35 Affirmations That Will Change Your Life
Words are responsible for everything we hold to be true. We believe the things we believe in because someone spoke them to us. Yet we rarely recognize the magnitude of our speech. Every day we tell ourselves both good and bad things, often without paying attention to what we’re speaking into existence.
Out of habit we might say, “I’m scared,” I’m tired,” “I’m desperate,” “I’m stuck,” or “I’m not good enough.” What we don’t realize is that such phrases eventually become the truth of our lives. Because what we keep thinking, we speak. What we keep speaking, we do. And what we keep doing, we become.
A major step to changing your life is changing the way you relate to your problems, and by extension, the way you speak about them: when a problem comes up, what words do you use to describe the situation? Do you say that you’re “helpless” and a “victim?” Then you will continue to be. You must take control of the things that threaten to take control of you, and this process starts with a simple “I am.”
“I am” is the single most important phrase you will ever speak, because what follows these two words dictates what you believe, what you invite into your life, and, ultimately, who you are. “I am” becomes even more potent when you re-define yourself throughout the day: “I am confident,” “I am beautiful,” and “I am ready for love,” are just a few of the endless declarations you can make to replenish your well-being and re-center your soul. The right words, recited with purpose and conviction, can shift your perception entirely.
SEE ALSO: 10 Interesting Facts About Buddha
The key is to personalize your mantras so that they come from your heart. Tailor them to suit your circumstances. So instead of saying vaguely, “I am powerful,” say, “I am powerful enough to overcome my breakup and attract a dedicated, loyal partner.” Pick your favorite phrases from the list below, tweak them as needed, and repeat them throughout the day. You’ll notice that you feel more grounded and with practice, these empowering statements will come effortlessly:
- I am more powerful than my pain. I have the strength to defeat any adversity. I break through barriers and leap over hurdles. Nothing is as great as my own power.
- I am in love with who I’m becoming. I give up on trying to please others. Instead, I work to satisfy my highest self.
- I am in control of my life. I reject anything that harms me and embrace everything that delivers joy. I am master over my circumstances.
- I am worthy. I deserve the incredible things that are coming to me.
- I am attracting the perfect person for me. The universe is sending me a partner who is committed, faithful, and unconditionally loving.
- I am healthy, I am stable, I am sound. My body is in excellent shape and my mind is at ease. I accept my flaws and embrace the totality of who I am.
- I am unstoppable. I am determined to reach my goals and make them a reality. I remain undeterred from my dreams.
- I am superior to negativity. I rise above my troubles.
- I am talented. I have been gifted with endless skills that I hone each day.
- I am emotionally pure. A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
- I am extremely successful. My career is growing, expanding, and thriving.
- I am happy. Today, I choose joy over suffering. I am content with my accomplishments and blessings.
- I am loved. I am appreciated, admired, and respected by the people who matter most to me.
- I am resilient. My ability to overcome challenges is unfailing. I am leaving my pain in the past and I am healing.
- I am purposeful. I am meant to be here to impact this world in profound ways. My divine destiny is unfolding before my eyes.
- I am limitless. My soul is eternal. My potential is infinite.
- I am fearless. My uncertainties are simply melting away. My doubts are replaced by faith.
- I am beautiful. I radiate charm and grace.
- I am alive right now. I choose to engage fully and deeply in this present moment.
- I am bold. I have the courage to take necessary risks that shape my future for the better.
- I am evolving. I am becoming the best version of myself. I am growing smarter, wiser, and more enlightened every moment. I make excellent decisions that lead to my ultimate good.
- I am desired by my significant other. I am irresistible to the person I love. Our bond is fortified each day.
- I am in sync with the universe. I listen to my intuition and pay attention to divine signs. I am well-guided in my endeavors every step of the way.
- I am proud of myself. I have achieved so much already and will achieve so much more.
- I am all-knowing. All that I need to know, I already know, and all the guidance I need is within me.
- I am free. My spirit soars. No burdens weigh me down. My life is uncomplicated, unbound, and free to take its predestined course.
- I am vibrant. I am brimming with creativity and new ideas. I am excited to meet like-minded people and connect with the wonderful world around me.
- I am reborn. My life is just beginning and my path is carved towards greatness.
- I am unafraid to say no. I do only what I feel comfortable doing. I stand up for myself whenever necessary.
- I am my own best friend. I can rely on myself for anything. Everything I set my mind to, I accomplish. I treat myself with patience, compassion, and kindness.
- I am protected. The divine watches over me at all times. Everything that is happening, is happening for my greater good.
- I am magic. I manifest what I envision. I have the ability to bring to reality anything I choose. I am planting the seeds for a brilliant future in this very moment.
- I am at peace. I choose to see others with forgiving eyes, especially those who have hurt me. I understand the bigger reason and accept all things as they are.
- I am detaching from anything that does not serve me. There is only a place for positivity in my life.
- I am the architect of my life. I build its foundation and choose its contents. I decorate my life with hope, healing, and happiness.
Being mindful of your words will multiply your inner power and help you uphold a positive perspective. Practice the mantras above at any time to feel inspired, enabled, and uplifted.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Dina Marais 7 MINUTE READ
- by Nancy Howard 8 MINUTE READ
- by Lisa Hromada 10 MINUTE READ
- by Dina Marais 6 MINUTE READ
- by Neil Seligman 6 MINUTE READ
- by Jade Pulman 5 MINUTE READ