Is The Soul Created For The Body Or The Body Created For The Soul?
The relationship between the body and the Soul is an important and interesting field of study for both, the spiritual aspirants as well as those who wish to make worldly progress. For the former, it helps them know how to use their body in a way that would propel their progress on the spiritual journey, where the ultimate aim is to exist completely in and as a pure Soul. For the latter, this knowledge aids them in developing habits and practices whereby they can safely navigate the worldly life such that they can live comfortably without incurring any serious negative karmic repercussion.
So, what exactly is this relationship between the body and the Soul? Is the Soul created for the body or the body for the Soul? Let us explore!
“There are six eternal elements in this world; they are everlasting. But when they revolve around each other, the phases of the element occur. And we are seeing these phases.
Phases are always temporary, and the element is always permanent.
Just like Sun, Moon and Earth revolve around each other and phases of the Moon is what we can see – the phases of Moon are temporary, but the Moon is not temporary. Likewise Soul is not temporary, but human beings, animals, insects are all phases of the Soul, which are temporary.”
The Soul or Atma is one of these six elements whereas the body, be it the body of a human, animal, insect or a celestial being, is a mere phase of the Soul, and is temporary.
The Soul is made up of absolute knowledge. However, there are countless layers of deluding karma sitting over the Soul which obscure the knowledge of the Soul. Therefore, every living being, in its journey from complete ignorance to complete knowledge, has to go through infinite births and in every birth it assumes a different body. The Soul however always remains as is!
The Soul is an eternal element. Eternal means one that is neither created nor is ever destroyed. Hence, we cannot say that the Soul is created for the body.
Now, let’s see how the body gets created…
Gnani further explains:
“There are 3 divisions in this world.
1. Liberated Souls. They have already reached the stage of ultimate salvation. And therefore, they are not going to come back in this world. They are free from all the worldly bondages (thus, they are free from body as well. They are Absolute Soul now; hence no body is created for such Souls now).
2. Worldly living creatures. These are living beings, from one-sensed to five-sensed and upto human, whom we can see in this world. These beings are in bondages (of karma covering over the Soul).
3. Living beings who have not entered into the worldly cycle, as yet (they are called Nigod). Before the living being enters into the worldly cycle, there is a stage wherein there is total covering on the Soul. In this stage, the Soul is not spoilt nor is it destroyed (non-existent). The Soul is there, but it is totally covered (with dense layers of coverings of karma sitting over it); So not a single ray of light of knowledge of Soul is able to come out. They are called Nigod. There are infinite Souls in this stage, they are fully covered; not a single sense has been developed in these living beings, as yet; they are in dormant stage.
When one Soul from this world attains liberation, one Soul from the Nigod comes into this world.
Only a little covering from over the Soul of the Nigod gets removed, wherefrom little light of Soul comes out; and thus one sense is developed. With this, the particular living being begins his journey in this world (as a one-sensed body is created for such Soul), and gradually it develops from one-sensed to two-sensed, three-sensed, four sensed, five-sensed and then comes into human life-form where his mind, intellect, ego gets developed.
Ultimately, when one gets Self-Realization, the worldly development completes there; new karmas stop being charged then; and when discharge of all old karmas finish, one attains liberation!
This is how the journey of Soul happens,
1. from a total dormant stage where there is no knowledge or no vision at all,
2. and then develops from one-sensed to five-sensed living being and evolves upto human form (different forms of body are created for the Soul in every birth),
3. and finally attains liberation (when no more body is created as the Soul is liberated forever).
Thus, it is only after Atma-gnan (Self Realisation) that one can break free from this cycle, and exist forever as pure Soul in a state of eternal Bliss!
In this day and age, the path of Akram Vignan has made it possible to achieve Self-Realisation in just two hours, opening up an unprecedented opportunity to receive the knowledge of the Tirthankaras and embark on a journey that ultimately leads to Moksha (the final liberation)!
For this, all that is required from our side is we ought to go to Gnani and ask him for Self-Realisation!!! Simple, isn’t it?!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
Weekly Astrology: Dec. 11-17, 2022by Arik Xander 4 MINUTE READ
Best Yoga Retreats Of India For The Ultimate Spiritual Experienceby Yoga Vidya School 7 MINUTE READ
Brain Looping? 5 Practical Solutions To Try Todayby Neil Seligman 6 MINUTE READ
Reflect, Respect, & Release For The New Yearby Dena Gould 4 MINUTE READ
Tips To Help Maintain A Positive Mindsetby Moira Hutchison 4 MINUTE READ
Don’t Toss That Phone! The Benefits Of Recycling Electronics For Our World And Familiesby Shannon Flynn 6 MINUTE READ