Is It Morally Permissible To Believe In God Just Because It Is To Your Practical Advantage
Believing in God is permissible anytime and in every way. And be it believing in God or worshipping Him, praying to God or realizing Him, or even becoming God ourselves, it always stands to our advantage only! When we believe in or pray to God, we develop humility, which is one of the most essential ingredients for progressing in the right direction. Thus, remembering God, for whatever reason it be, shall ultimately bring good results only.
Even where one worships God initially with an intention to procure worldly happiness in the form of a good wife, a good life, good parents, good children, good money, good luck, a good house, etc.; there’s no problem! Because over a period of time, circumstances will arise such that one’s thoughts mature and he begins to rise higher up in the stages of spiritual development. This is bound to happen; because in whose company is he?
That of God!
God is the supreme force in this world and this supreme force is present right inside us, within every living being in the form of the Pure Soul.
Really speaking, every Soul that attains the Absolute stage is God. Absolute stage means there is no more deluding karma now that is covering the Soul. When every such covering sheds off one’s Soul, one is called God. Lord Ram, Lord Mahavir, they all are revered as God today because they achieved the Absolute stage. And with their grace so many people achieved the Absolute stage and they too became God. Thus, people accept one to be God when one reaches the Absolute stage. And they believe in God so that they too can, like God, attain the Absolute state. Attaining the Absolute stage of the Soul (becoming God ourselves) should indeed be the ultimate goal of our human life. And to attain that ultimate goal, let’s begin with prayers as the first medium.
Prayer is the best medium to reach out to God and receive energy from Him.
Prayers are very important for our overall upliftment. So, here are some prayers that will go a long way in building the right character within us and securing our future. Let’s learn about them:
As we wake up in the morning, we’ll pray with a pure intention in our heart, “Oh God! May I never cause hurt to any living being through my thoughts, my speech or my actions.”
Saying this prayer heartily and sincerely brings about a big good change in us! Yet, it may happen that someone gets hurt by us knowingly or accidentally. In such a case, we with true repentance in our heart, will immediately ask for forgiveness from the Soul (God) residing within the person whom we caused hurt.
To get into a truly advantageous position from all angles, the following nine prayers are the best!
By reciting this every day, we will fetch great results.
• Oh God! Please give me the supreme strength to conduct my speech, thoughts, and actions in a manner such that no living being’s ego gets hurt at all.
• Oh God! Please give me the supreme strength to conduct my speech, thoughts, and actions in a manner such that the foundation or underlying belief of no religion is hurt at all.
• Oh God! Please give me supreme strength to not criticize, offend or insult any preacher, monk, nun or religious head.
• Oh God! Please give me supreme strength to not dislike or hate, nor cause someone to dislike or hate any living being at all.
• Oh God! Please give me supreme strength to not speak nor cause someone to speak the slightest of harsh or hurtful language towards any living being. If someone happens to speak harsh and hurtful language, please give me the strength to speak soft and kind language only.
• Oh God! Please give me supreme strength to not indulge into, nor cause someone to indulge into, slightest of sexual sins, desires, gestures or thoughts for any living being, be it male, female, or of neutral gender. Please give me the supreme strength to remain free of sexual impulses and passions forever.
• Oh God! Please give me supreme strength to not get engrossed in any particular taste. Please give me the supreme strength to consume food that has a balanced taste.
• Oh God! Please give me supreme strength to never criticize, offend, or insult any being, who is present or absent, living or dead; nor cause someone to criticize, offend or insult such being to the slightest extent.
• Oh God! Please give me the supreme strength to become an instrument for the salvation of the world.
Now, as we’d mentioned above, attaining the Absolute stage of the Soul (becoming God ourselves) is the ultimate goal of our human life. Therefore, we will earnestly make one more prayer to God, “Oh God! May I soon meet Gnani, the Enlightened One, who can liberate me from all the worldly sufferings!”
Thus, with utmost belief in God, recite the above-mentioned prayers before God on a daily basis. And then see how these prayers work to your best advantage and create great wonders in our life!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Varun Pahwa 9 MINUTE READ
- by Jean Farish 10 MINUTE READ
- by Arik Xander 5 MINUTE READ
- by Mia Barnes 7 MINUTE READ
- by Varun Pahwa 9 MINUTE READ
- by Neil Seligman 7 MINUTE READ