Is It Good To Be A Selfless Person?
It certainly is of great benefit to be a selfless person. There is nothing more worthy than having a goal to serve and live out our human life for the sole purpose of the welfare of others. When one puts the needs of others above their own, one experiences tremendous happiness from within and the sheer intent of selflessness brings one immense inner peace.
Definition of Selfless
We all may have some idea of what selflessness means. To elaborate on it, selflessness means to have no concern for oneself with regards to fame, position, money, expectation, personal gain, etc. Your only goal is to live your life for the sake and well-being of others. Furthermore, being selfless means to care for others and to act on the need to help others, without expectation of or need for any recognition for helping.
Now that we know that it is good to be selfless person, next let us look at how to put selflessness into practice:
● Maintain a deep inner intent that you want to be selfless.
● Start each day off by making small changes in the lives of others.
● Act from your heart rather than your mind in every situation and with every person.
● Always aim to put the needs of others above your own.
● Be willing to adjust and compromise if things do not go your way, but never give up.
● Be open-minded and willing to listen to the point of view of others.
● Selfless people do not waste their time in judging others.
● Stay positive, focused and sincere to your goal.
● Selflessness is an attribute that is not meant to be used only in words but it is meant to be put into practice.
● Being a selfless person implies one has great love for mankind. Allow that love to freely express itself in all your actions.
There are numerous benefits associated with selflessness. Here are a few outlined:
● When we practise selflessness, negative emotions like anger, pride, deceit, and greed have a lesser effect on us.
● It is because one is always consumed with positive thoughts of how to make a difference to humanity.
● Selflessness results in oneness with all living beings.
● The selfless person wins the heart of everyone because his interactions are without any prejudice and/or opinions for anyone.
● Selflessness results in being humble and loving with people.
● When one constantly has the inner intent to help others, this automatically throws out the intent to hurt anyone.
● Above all, Nature takes care of those who put the needs of others above their own. Nature will fulfil all your worldly needs and desires and moreover you will progress spiritually higher.
When you decide that ‘I want to lead a selfless life’, positive subtle changes begin to take place from within. You charge merit karmas as a direct result of your intention of leading a selfless life. These merit karmas will help you progress spiritually higher. You will experience enormous inner peace and contentment.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
Weekly Astrology: Dec. 11-17, 2022by Arik Xander 4 MINUTE READ
Best Yoga Retreats Of India For The Ultimate Spiritual Experienceby Yoga Vidya School 7 MINUTE READ
Brain Looping? 5 Practical Solutions To Try Todayby Neil Seligman 6 MINUTE READ
Reflect, Respect, & Release For The New Yearby Dena Gould 4 MINUTE READ
Tips To Help Maintain A Positive Mindsetby Moira Hutchison 4 MINUTE READ
Don’t Toss That Phone! The Benefits Of Recycling Electronics For Our World And Familiesby Shannon Flynn 6 MINUTE READ