Intuition Is Always On Your Side – Are You Listening?
Sometimes I take my intuition for granted. As weird as this may sound, I forget not everybody checks in with themselves energetically. I often observe people lean into choices that do not match their true desire.
I know that we all get blinded by our internal worlds — me included. Our “logical mind” can be loud and overpowering if we identify with or are attached to our thinking brain, or if we don’t remember that our inner voice is in there too.
Check in first!
Whenever I have choices to make, I do my best to check in with myself — with my intuition. From experience, if I don’t check in, there will be regrets. I know most of you have experienced that regret when that gut feeling was ignored. However, our intuition isn’t always that obvious.
Everyone’s experience with intuition is different. When I check in with myself, my intuition is subtle. The voices that I hear are my own, I usually get my best insight after meditation or during a shower because I am calm and present. Unfortunately, my ego will get in the way from time to time or I am not sure I am understanding the message. If that happens, I will ask “Spirit” for a strong sign to validate my intuitive interpretation. Please go here to learn more about signs: Signs from Spirit.
This month, I want to remind you to tap into your sacred intuition more often. It allows for so many empowering decisions and experiences.
Tap into your sacred intuition more often. It allows for so many empowering decisions and experiences.
If you are new to this concept, please know that you do not have to completely quiet your mind to be successful. Trusting yourself is key, which is not always easy, but the benefit from this effort will far outweigh the gut feeling of regret.
There are many layers to your intuition. I don’t want this to be overwhelming for you, so I’m going to give you some basic tools to begin to play with. Remember, this is a “practice” and with practice comes better experiences. Be kind to yourself during this process.
Basic Tools for Strengthening Intuition:
- Start by asking a question, and TRUST that you will receive guidance.
- PLAY is essential. When starting out, you cannot think of this as a test, pass or fail, or that there is one right way to do it, or you will never feel successful.
- Remember that everything is energy, so learning to be still and allow yourself to “feel” your truth will support your success.
- Ask for a STRONG sign that supports the correct choice and watch for the signs.
- Do not be attached to the outcome and trust the message. This is easier said than done. As I said before, sometimes ego will get in the way so you can always ask for signs to support your interpretation of your intuitive instincts.
- Have fun with this process. You are discovering the inner workings of YOU! What could be more interesting and invigorating?!
- The more you practice, the more you will understand your own internal knowledge.
- Do not be discouraged when you interpret the sign incorrectly. It happens to the best intuitives.
Deepen your awareness:
Create a routine to check in with your intuition at least once a day. I do this in the morning with my journal practice and again after my noon meditation. This will facilitate your practice and help you to become more aware of subtle energy shifts, so that you can define and trust your intuition.
Over time, you will be able to tune in quickly when you need specific guidance or when you feel your gut “speaking up.” Because we tend to attract the same lessons until they are learned, this awareness will help you to clear the lesson faster and eventually all together. If you are meant to have a specific experience, your intuition / the universe will keep tapping you on the shoulder until you look up and take action!
Tuning in and trusting your intuition is the beginning. As you begin to experience the power of trusting yourself, you will start creating your life exactly as you want it, and living from a place of truth and love instead of fear and lack.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Guy Finley 8 MINUTE READ
- by Michelle Davis 7 MINUTE READ
- by saboor Ahmad 6 MINUTE READ
- by Shawngela Pierce 1 MINUTE READ
- by Boyd Martin 6 MINUTE READ
- by Michelle Davis 9 MINUTE READ