If The Soul Is Divine, Why Do People Go To The Temple Or Mosque?
The Soul is indeed divine! The Soul itself is God! And it resides right within us!
But in all these years, have we been able to find the divine?
No! That’s tyranny.
It is because the divine Soul is invisible. It cannot be seen with physical eyes. It can only be experienced; and that too not directly. We need some divine Enlightened being who can make us experience it!
So, how do we reach up to such an Enlightened being? How do we experience God? Where do we make a beginning from? Come, let us find the answers to these questions today. And who knows, in these answers itself, there lies the answer to your question, ‘Why do people go to temple in search of God?’…
Pujya Deepakbhai explains,
“Worshipping God is a very big support in life. There are many reasons and benefits behind going to a temple or mosque. Below are a few of them:
● The worldly life has made us so busy that we constantly think about material things such as making money, having a big house, car, etc. But, when we go to temple for worship, we realize there is something superior (and divine) that we can think about. We stop thinking about our materialistic life and consequently experience peace and happiness during that time.
● When we go through crisis in life, our strong faith towards God (the divine form of God that we believe in) gives us immense strength to deal with such situations. The faith allows us to sail through the challenges in life without causing any harm to ourselves or others.
● When we worship God with pure love and devotion, we are sowing the seeds of merit karma. The result of these seeds will give us happiness in the form of good life and luck. We will experience positivity around us easily and effortlessly (and this reinforces our faith, love and devotion towards God).
● When we are surrounded in good environment, our thoughts mature enough to rise in spiritual development and this results in binding more merit karmas; with the help of which eventually we are able to meet a Gnani, an Enlightened being in person (whom we were searching for in order to find the God residing within us)!!! This opens up the path of our ultimate liberation.
Hence, unless and until we are in a state to recognize the formless God, worshipping idols in temples or visiting mosques and praying before Allah is a huge support to boost the divine energy in our daily life.
To keep us focused completely on God, there are several rituals such as light candles, decorate idols with beautiful and colorful clothes, practice daily namaaz, etc. Such external things make us feel the divine and our mind does not wander around; it is able to concentrate easily.
Finally when we meet Gnani (the Enlightened One), our interest sits in him; and that interest directly helps us reach the Soul. Therefore, Param Pujya Dada Bhagwan has said, “Nurture interest in the Gnani Purush, the representative of God.”
The living Gnani Purush helps us attain Self-Realization!!! He awakens our Soul by gracing us with the experiential knowledge of the Self. It is then that we know by experience that we ourselves are God!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Shannon Flynn 6 MINUTE READ
- by Galitta Tassa 6 MINUTE READ
- by Kacey Kingry 7 MINUTE READ
- by Jean Farish 6 MINUTE READ
- by Spencer Martin 10 MINUTE READ
- by Moira Hutchison 56 SECONDS READ