Recipe: Turmeric Zucchini Carrot Soup
Here is a tasty light soup that can be made in 15 minutes from start to finish. My wife tells me this soup reminds her of many light Japanese soups. And this soup is full of cancer-preventing turmeric. With summer coming soon, this soup is great for losing those extra pounds and getting into that bathing suit.
Another Whole-Foods Plant-Based Recipe
- 1 large organic zucchini, made into strips; you can buy a peeler that will do this for very little money.
- 3 large organic carrots, chopped
- 1 large organic onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of organic garlic, chopped
- 3 cubes of organic salt-free veggie bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of organic turmeric powder
- 3 organic green onions, chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A little spray of organic olive oil for the pan
- Optional hot sauce if you like it spicy
- Optional teaspoon of soy sauce
- Optional cooked brown rice noodles
- Enough filtered water to cover everything
- Take a large pan and spray it with the least amount of oil needed to sauté the onions and garlic. Add water to complete the sauté process. Then add the carrots, bouillon cubes, and turmeric and heat until the carrots are tender.
- Then take the zucchini strips and add them last, but don’t cook them for more than 3 or 4 minutes. They cook very fast.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and hot sauce if you like.
- Let cool and serve with chopped green onions for garnish.
This soup serves 8 people and is great on hot summer days.
Health Benefits of Organic Turmeric
Turmeric grows in the tropics and has been used in India (Found in Curry Powder) for over 2,000 years. When cooked with cauliflower, turmeric has been shown to prevent cancer of the prostate and even stop the growth of tumors. Studies also show that turmeric stops the spread of cancer in the lungs of mice. Turmeric has been shown to reduce the risk of childhood leukemia and prevent colon cancer. New studies are being done on pancreatic cancer as well.
Turmeric is a great detoxifying agent for the whole body, especially the liver. Studies show that turmeric is beneficial in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. Turmeric is one of the best anti-inflammatory herbs you can buy. In fact, it works just about as well as anti-inflammatory prescription drugs that you buy at the drug store like Ibuprofen. It also helps amazingly well for pain. The herb is also great for arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease of any kind.
If you suffer from urinary tract infections, cystitis, and cystic fibrosis, then turmeric is great to take in. Turmeric also lowers cholesterol, and improves liver function, provides protection from heart attacks and strokes. If you like charcoal grilling your meat, then add some turmeric because it lowers the carcinogenic chemicals that result from this type of grilling. Turmeric is one of the best and least expensive wonder herbs on the market and you can buy it anywhere. You can take turmeric in capsules or have the powder version mixed with honey. You can definitely add the herb in your daily meals.
Also, remember to always buy organic food as regular food contains up to 6 cancer-causing chemicals, 12 hormone-disrupting chemicals, and 10 other disease-causing chemicals. Stay healthy by eating organic!
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by ARUNDHATI MUKHERJEE 14 MINUTE READ
- by Zoe Dubin 5 MINUTE READ
- by Bruce Burger 9 MINUTE READ
- by Emily Herron 7 MINUTE READ
- by Madison Baker 5 MINUTE READ
- by Jennifer Salzillo 4 MINUTE READ