For Post-Partum Moms: 2 Adaptogenic Lattes To Harmonize The Reproductive System
Adaptogens are incredible herbs that have been used for centuries to promote long-lasting health and longevity. While they’ve been used for centuries in Eastern Medicine, they’ve only slowly begun to make their appearance here in the west.
Adaptogenic lattes are more like super-power healing elixirs, as they’ll help you naturally increase energy, clarity, and focus, decrease stress, and so much more. For example, Reishi mushroom, which is a common adaptogen used in eastern medicine, was traditionally called the “mushroom of longevity” in China, and is known to reduce stress, enhance the immune system, and improve sleep. Adaptogens are recognized in helping your body ‘adapt’ to whatever is going on– hence their name. They create harmony within the bodies systems, benefiting you physically, mentally, emotionally, and as believed in the east, even spiritually.
I’ve recently started switching out my morning coffee for a caffeine-free adaptogenic latte, and the subtle shifts I have seen in myself have been incredible.
Especially if you’re a woman, many of these adaptogenic herbs help with balancing the hormones, tuning into your cycle, and benefiting every stage of your moon — from pre-menstrual syndrome to menopause.
Here are two of my favorite warming adaptogenic elixirs:
1. Warm nut milk adaptogenic elixir
The best part about this latte, is that all of the herbs in this latte specifically help to bring balance to the female reproductive system. This latte is beneficial for any generation of women. Whether you’re on your menstrual cycle, struggling with fertility issues, looking to produce more breast milk as a new mom, or dealing with menopausal side effects, this is the perfect elixir to assist you in cultivating balance. The herbs in this latte include Shatavari, Maca, and Cacao — three of my favorite herbs which help produce natural energy, balance the hormones, boost libido, and improve your overall mood. Specifically for post-partum Moms, Shatavari is especially powerful for its lactogenic properties and is used in eastern medicine to help produce more breastmilk.
- 2 teaspoons Shatavari powder
- 1 teaspoon Maca powder
- 1 tablespoon Cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon honey (or more if you like it sweet)
- 1 teaspoon Ashwagandha
- Warm 1-2 cups of your favorite nut milk on the stovetop
- Put the warm milk into a blender, and add the herbs
- Blend for 15 seconds until warm and frothy
- Serve in your favorite mug and sprinkle with cinnamon!
2. Golden mylk latte
This latte is popular for its delicious flavor and its vibrant, golden color. The main ingredient which makes this latte so amazing is Turmeric. Turmeric has countless benefits, which include reducing inflammation, strengthening the immune system, and battling different diseases. For Post-partum moms, turmeric will especially benefit you because it will help increase your mood, and it has galactagogue properties which helps to produce more, and better quality, breastmilk.
This latte is also a feel-good latte, and if you’re a Mom who’s avoiding caffeine, this will still curb your latte cravings.
- 1-2 cups of your favorite nut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of Turmeric (depending on spiced you like it)
- A pinch of Black Pepper
- 1- 2 teaspoons (or more) of honey or your favorite sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Warm the nut milk over the stovetop
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend for 10-15 seconds
- Serve in your favorite mug and sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Jennifer Landis 5 MINUTE READ
- by Nipra Varma 18 MINUTE READ
- by Brenda Deveaux 7 MINUTE READ
- by Loretta Jane 5 MINUTE READ
- by Shreya Dalela 14 MINUTE READ
- by Loretta Jane 5 MINUTE READ