How To Start Your Intermittent Fasting For Peace And Tranquility
Intermittent fasting is one modality, among a few others, which I have been using successfully to help my friends and followers live a healthier life without the constant struggle of dieting. I love teaching intermittent fasting because it is so easy to follow and you don’t have to turn your life around to see results.
Intermittent fasting is a system that detoxifies the body from acidic toxins, repair the cellular damage, build, and rejuvenates the entire body. The key factor in setting this process in motion is dropping carbs while extending the fasting time.
A fasting period is actually a long enough break signaling your body to go into an auto-correction mode, thus burning fat, reducing sugar levels, and insulin (the hormone that makes us fat). This structure gives you the freedom to cheat occasionally knowing that your body’s auto-correction mode will kick in during the fasting period.
It has a social aspect to it too. You don’t have to isolate yourself! You can still have a late dinner with your friends as long as you follow with 16 hours of fasting, most of it happening while you sleep.
So, let’s get into the core of the meaning of intermittent fasting, which is fasting in between your meals.
Benefits of intermittent fasting
When fasting longer than 14 hours, you start reaping the following benefits:
- Weight loss
- Lower insulin level
- More fat burn in your body
- Better function of your liver
- A natural increase in the HGH growth hormone, which helps regulate body composition, body fluids, muscle and bone repair, sugar, and fat metabolism
- Improved digestion
- No more bloating
- No more craving
- Improved mental focus and concentration
- More mental energy
Your body can burn fat and cut down your belly fat using an optimized diet plan. On this lifestyle, you continuously fix your bodily damaged parts during the fasting periods. By lowering the carbs and the processed foods you take in, the natural cleansing cycle of the body is being induced, which when not addressed – will cause accelerated aging and diseases. Fat around your belly is usually an indication of the presence of the Insulin hormones which really reflects a high carb diet.
On a Keto diet, we monitor the intake of the carbs by removing grains, beans, potatoes, and gluten. All refined sugars are omitted and fruits are allowed without exaggeration.
As a result, one can expect to see the fat around the waist and belly melting away within weeks. Insulin levels, Cholesterol, and triglyceride levels should improve within a few weeks.
How to get started
I recommend having 2 meals during your eating window. Start with the 7/17 cycle, which is easier for beginners. When you feel ready you can try 6/18. At first, eat 2 balanced meals during your eating window, which you have 7 hours. Later, try eating one large meal and a small smoothie only. Don’t worry if it might take weeks for you to get used to it!
During your meals:
- Increase good fats such as avocado, chia seeds, nuts, almonds, flax seeds, hemp seeds /hemp oil, coconut oil, high-fat Kefir or goat yogurt. You may add free-range eggs, organic goat milk products in moderation only. Fish and seaweeds should be limited to small amounts.
- Lower your carbs intake — sugar, potatoes, grains, gluten, bread, pasta, fruits, alcoholic drinks. In general, your carbs should be limited to only 15 to 20% of your total caloric intake, which will help you burn fat in the absence of glucose and insulin in your bloodstream.
- Increase green vegetables — In order to remove all the metabolic toxins resulting from the keto process, you must eat plenty of green leafy vegetables rich in fiber, antioxidants, and mineral such as Kale, broccoli, collard greens, all leafy green veggies, leeks, green onions, cabbage, etc.
- Include mineral-rich foods like good quality root vegetables that are helpful in digesting fats, such as Daikon, and some seaweeds such as Hiziki, Kombu, Arame. These assist in carrying efficiently all the toxins out of the body, and as such keeping your body PH alkaline and less acidic.
Drink plenty of water, tea, during the intermittent fasting. Caffeine is okay. You can drink coffee as long as you don’t add milk or sugar.
You can add apple cider vinegar, a magical drink, to aid weight loss further. Apple cider vinegar with a twist of lime and basil leaves for additional surprising texture. I love adding natural honey to this mixture as well.
These drinks help reduce cravings and speed up weight loss. This is part of Intermittent fasting as it allows you to lower your cravings and regulate blood sugar levels.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Dr. Paul Haider 15 SECONDS READ
- by Susan Greenspan 5 MINUTE READ
- by leora Acoca Goldberg 6 MINUTE READ
- by Amber Dipietro 8 MINUTE READ
- by Dr. Paul Haider 19 SECONDS READ
- by Dr. Paul Haider 18 SECONDS READ