7 Great Reasons To Eat Parsley Every Day
Parsely is usually used as a decoration for different dishes and salads. But few people know that this herb is an awesome source of vitamins and is able to reduce the risks of diabetes and cancer. Are you surprised by this? Read this article and find out other incredible effects that parsley has on our health. We are sure that some of them will astonish you:
SEE ALSO: The Healing Properties Of Lava Stone
1) Parsley will make your bones stronger
Vitamin K which is contained in parsley is important for bone health. It improves calcium absorption, plays a big role in maintaining bone strength, and activates certain proteins that increase bone density. In other words, you’ll be at a lower risk of bone fractures if you include parsley in your daily menu.
2) Parsley will improve your heart health
One large study involving 58,000 people showed that the more folic acid we consume, the lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases and heart stroke. Since parsley is a good source of folic acid, it’s quite beneficial to eat parsley every day.
3) Parsley may reduce the risk of certain types of cancer
Parsley contains a lot of antioxidants that help our body fight free radicals. You’ve probably heard about free radicals many times and already know that they damage healthy body cells. Free radicals are also a common cause of cancer. If you like to eat fried meat, you may add parsley to it. This herb will reduce the impact of carcinogens which occur during frying.
4) Parsley is able to reduce the risk of diabetes
Myricetin which is contained in parsley reduces blood sugar levels and has the ability to improve insulin resistance. These are the two main risk factors that provoke diabetes mellitus.
5) Parsley has an anti-inflammatory effect
Parsley contains antioxidants that actively fight against chronic inflammation which occurs due to abnormal immune reactions to normal tissues. Chronic inflammation is also responsible for the development of acne and such diseases as:
- cardiovascular diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease.
6) Parsley will give you a lot of vitamins
30 grams of parsley will give you:
- Vitamin A: more than 100% of the Reference Daily Intake
- Vitamin B: 10% of the Reference Daily Intake
- Vitamin C: more than 50% of the Reference Daily Intake
- Vitamin K: 550% of the Reference Daily Intake
Each of these vitamins is extremely important for normal body function and maintaining general health. Vitamin A is important for the immune system and eye health. Vitamin C improves heart health, reduces stroke risks, and prevents skin dryness. Vitamin K is essential for proper blood clotting, which helps prevent excessive bleeding. Vitamin B boosts the immune system, prevents BeriBeri disease, breaks down food into energy, reduces anemia and the risk for heart disease.
7) Parsley will help you reduce salt consumption
Excessive salt consumption leads to swelling and kidney diseases, provokes hypertension, worsens cognitive abilities, causes heart, vessel, and stomach problems. If you noticed that you often feel thirsty, have hypertension, face and leg swelling, experience stomachache and lower back pain, you should restrict salt consumption. Parsley will help you replace salt and make vegetable and meat dishes tasty without adding salt.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Dr. Paul Haider 43 SECONDS READ
- by Nicholas Ray 8 MINUTE READ
- by Louise Harris 12 MINUTE READ
- by Sophia Cooper 7 MINUTE READ
- by Christina Tsiripidou 2 MINUTE READ
- by Loretta Jane 5 MINUTE READ