Roasted Cauliflower Salad And Homemade Walnut Milk Recipe
Homemade Walnut Milk
Homemade Walnut Milk Ingredients
1 cup organic, raw walnuts 1 tsp. vanilla Purified water Pinch of sea salt
Homemade Walnut Milk Directions
1) Add walnuts to a bowl, cover with 2 cups purified water, place in refrigerator and soak overnight.
2) Drain water from walnuts and rinse with additional purified water.
3) Add soaked and rinsed walnuts, 4 cups purified water, vanilla and sea salt to Vitamix or other high speed blender, and blend until creamy, white and smooth.
4) Strain walnut milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth-lined strainer.
5) Refrigerate walnut milk and enjoy! Makes approximately 32 oz.
Warm Roasted Cauliflower Salad
Warm Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
1 large head of cauliflower 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped 2 tbsp. capers packed in salt, rinsed and chopped 1/2 cup roasted red pepper packed in olive oil, cut into 1/4 inch strips 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 2 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley 1/4 cup lemon juice Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Warm Roasted Cauliflower Directions
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Cut the cauliflower into florets, and cut each floret into small, one-inch pieces.
3) Toss cauliflower, 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, making sure to coat all of the cauliflower florets.
4) Place baking sheet in the center of the oven. Roast cauliflower, tossing occasionally until cauliflower is cooked through and edges are golden, about 45 minutes.
5) While cauliflower is cooking, blend 1/4 cup each of olive oil and lemon juice in Vitamix or other high-speed blender, until emulsified.
6) Remove cauliflower from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and then toss with lemon-olive oil mixture, olives, capers, roasted red pepper, and parsley.
7) Adjust sea salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve and enjoy! Serves 4.
Adapted from Tal Ronnen’s Cauliflower With Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Marissa Nolan 2 MINUTE READ
- by Dr. Paul Haider 6 MINUTE READ
- by Victoria Giang 2 MINUTE READ
- by Elaine Gavalas 5 MINUTE READ
- by Elaine Gavalas 3 MINUTE READ
- by Jennie Miremadi 34 SECONDS READ