15 Proven Health Benefits Of Black Walnuts
Black walnuts are a powerful superfood. Also called Juglans Nigra, black walnuts grow in areas with moderate climates like the US, China, Japan, Europe, India, Russia, and Canada, to name a few. They are considered powerful agents for the cardiovascular system. Including its hulls, these nuts are anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal. They help lower cholesterol, kill parasites, heal skin rashes and aid in cancer treatment.
Besides being consumed as food and medicine, black walnut can be turned into resilient wood used in building furniture. Organic gardeners also use its hulls to make insecticide, by mixing the hulls and water and letting them sit for 3 to 4 days. While the actual nut is somewhat hard to find in markets, I was able to find some on Amazon and eBay. Hull tincture and powder versions, however, can be purchased at any health food store.
SEE ALSO: 10 Important Reasons To Eat Raw Foods
- Quinones, polyphenols, and flavonoids can be found in black walnuts. All of which are powerful healing agents and antioxidants that prevent disease and heal DNA damage.
- Black walnut tincture works wonders in getting rid of warts, herpes skin outbreaks and cold sores. just dab it on until the wart falls off. Also, works for herpes skin outbreaks and cold sores.
- When made into tea, black walnut hulls can help stop excessive sweating.
- Black walnuts are a good source of alpha-linolenic acid. This helps lower cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular disease, strokes, making it good for those with heart problems.
- Black walnut meat helps prevent the build-up of atherosclerotic material in our arteries, helping you avoid heart attacks.
- Gargling with black walnut hull tea soothe sore throats.
- Black Walnut nut meat is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that works wonders for preventing disease. It helps with arthritis, joint disease, and soothes away irritations all over the body.
- Because of the presence of powerful antioxidants, black walnut meat can also protect our nervous system, thus preventing neurodegenerative diseases.
- Eating black walnut boosts our immune system.
- The black walnut nut meat is great for the body’s GI tract. As it is an anti-inflammatory food, it soothes stomach and intestinal irritation, as well as preventing constipation by working as a laxative.
- The black walnut hull works wonders in killing bacteria because of its naphthoquinone, which kills H. Pylori bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, and even some types of pathogenic algae species.
- Because of its naphthoquinone and juglone content, it can kill skin and nail fungal infections, candida infection and athlete’s foot.
- Skincare enthusiasts can use black walnut meat as an astringent too! It helps heal rashes, bites, acne, poison ivy, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin irritations.
- According to The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia, black walnut hulls kill tapeworms, threadworms, pinworms, roundworms, and even the ringworm on the skin. The hull contains juglone which inhibits the metabolism in worms, eventually killing them.
- It was found in studies done on black walnut hull tincture that it can be utilized to kill rectal cancer cells. This tincture blocks potassium and internally creates hydrogen peroxide which kills cancer cells. Use with caution however as it is toxic and should be used only with supervision.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Dr. Paul Haider 7 MINUTE READ
- by Avery Phillips 9 MINUTE READ
- by Cal Morgan 3 MINUTE READ
- by Louise Harris 6 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 5 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 5 MINUTE READ