Ayurvedic Garlic Green Beans – Good For Vata, Pitta And Kapha
By Veena Haasl-Blilie Holistic Healing 2 MINUTE READ
Green beans are supportive of all three doshas – call it a miracle! String beans are an exception in a family of veggies that is otherwise indigestible.
Autumn is a rich harvest time that includes: beans, capsicum (sweet peppers), carrot, celeriac, chilies, cabbage, corn, cucumber, eggplant, kale, lettuce, melons, okra, peas, pumpkins, purslane, rutabaga, snow peas, spinach, summer squash, tomato, and green beans.
Best Ayurvedic tastes for each dosha
- Vata: Sweet, sour and salty.
- Pitta: Sweet, bitter and astringent.
- Kapha: Pungent, bitter and astingent. Consider some extra garlic.
- 2 pounds green beans. (Keep them whole but trim the ends.)
- 2. 2 tablespoons really good olive oil
- Garlic crushed. Vata and Kapha can use more, Pitta use a small amount.
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs of your liking. What’s fresh as the grower’s market or in your CSA box?
- New Mexico chili
- Himalayan pink salt
- Some real black pepper, freshly ground is best
- Blanch the green beans in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. Why? It brings out the color and maintains the crisp texture.
- Strain the green beans and give them a cold bath to preserve the color.
- Add your good olive oil to a sauté pan or wok. Cook over medium heat until the garlic fills the room with its aroma.
- Add some New Mexico chile (Vata and Kapha) -optional
- Add your fresh herbs from the grower’s market and stir together, mixing well.
- Add the green beans, salt and pepper and stir it all gently together.
- Been a full day? Consider using pre-trimmed green beans.
- If you like nuts, go nuts and add your best nuts from your Saumya food program, or finely chopped pecans and walnuts go nicely. My favorite is roasted pine nuts. For guys, use roasted pumpkin seeds to support healthy prostate.
- Add a little shredded parmesan.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
The Best Vitamin C Serums to Make Your Skin Glow! Ranked & Reviewedby Jodie Oakes 30 MINUTE READ
New Studies On L-Theanineby Dr. Paul Haider 36 SECONDS READ
Meditation For Anxietyby Dr. Paul Haider 20 SECONDS READ
5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Follow An Ayurvedic Wellness Planby Veena Haasl-Blilie 6 MINUTE READ
Effects Of Lack Of Sleepby Dr. Paul Haider 35 SECONDS READ
Lozenges For Stress And Anxietyby Dr. Paul Haider 19 SECONDS READ