Mouthwatering Anti-Inflammatory Lentil And Black Bean Loaf
Here is a great tasting loaf that can be put in sandwiches and eating during lunch or dinner. It’s full of the powerful antioxidants and amazing anti-inflammatory agents that help with arthritis, gout, joint pain, and swelling. This recipe is super simple to make and will do your body good. Along with a nice salad, this is a full spectrum meal that will keep you going for hours and stabilize your blood sugar.
- 12 oz. cooked organic lentils
- 12 oz. cooked organic black beans
- 1 cup cooked organic brown rice
- 1 cup cooked organic potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic Xanthene gum (natural thickening agent)
- 4 cloves minced organic garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon organic chili powder
- 1 large organic onion, chopped
- 1 large organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- Filtered water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional hot sauce
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients and use an immersion blender or a potato masher.
- At the last moment mix in the chopped red pepper.
- You don’t want this to wet. You’d want to keep it somewhat dry, so add just a bit of water.
- When everything is mashed and mixed well, place in a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the loaf is pretty firm to the touch.
- Let cool and slice. This serves 12 people and can be made into burger patties.
Health Benefits of Organic Lentils
Lentils are by far one of the best foods on the planet. They grow all over the world and go back 13,000 years. Lentils are talked about in the Bible and were blessed by Jesus and Mohammed.
Full of protein, lots of fiber, good carbs, with other veggies, they make a complete meal. They are high in protein and magnesium, great for building muscle mass and helping with hormone production. They contain resistant starch that helps grow probiotics. They also alkalize the body and lower blood sugar. Lentils boost up our metabolism, have a low glycemic index, prevent heart disease, strokes, IBS, diverticulitis, lower cholesterol, and are anti-inflammatory.
They also boost up our immune system, detox our body, slow the aging process, contain lots of molybdenum for preventing cancer, full of B Vitamins, prevent anemia, full of antioxidants, and are super versatile for cooking all kinds of dishes.
Many blessings to everyone!
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Kori Anderson 4 MINUTE READ
- by Sierra Vandervort 5 MINUTE READ
- by Kayla Matthews 6 MINUTE READ
- by Dr. Paul Haider 3 MINUTE READ
- by Vickie Rotante 6 MINUTE READ
- by Catherine Palmer 7 MINUTE READ