3 Amazing Ayurvedic Secrets For Beautiful Skin
Ayurveda, originally from India, is an ancient system of healing that still remains current up to this day. Ayurveda seeks to achieve well-being in the body, mind, and spirit through nutrition, lifestyle and natural medicine. Thankfully this also includes secrets for your skin!
Ayurveda has a very different approach to skincare than modern medicine. Instead of using topical agents like creams, lotions, and oils, Ayurveda treats the underlying skin problem at its root. In Ayurveda, the cause of skin diseases is believed to be due to an imbalance in dosha. The dosha is the type of body and mind of a person. If you know what your dosha is, you can use this ayurvedic secret to prevent skin problems before it starts.
Here are the different types of constitutions according to Ayurveda:
This represents the union fire and water. Pitta people have a medium bony structure, visible veins, medium and warm hands, mixed skin, light/reddish hair, and bright, light-sensitive and penetrating eyes. They are of average weight and can gain and lose weight easily. They may be prone to suffering from nervous states and stress, which causes them headaches. These types of people are recommended for beauty treatments that include the application of cold essential oils, such as rose, sandalwood and violet, both on the temples and the third eye. This helps them maintain a cool temperature despite their irritability.
It is the combination of air and ether. Vata people have a small bony structure, dry/delicate skin, dry hair, prominent veins and small hands. They usually have a tendency to thinness and lose weight easily. They are flexible, optimistic, creative, intuitive, very active and anxious. Excessive stress raises your level of insecurity and tension. Because of the dry or delicate skin they have, it is recommended to use body wraps with hot sesame oil, or almond masks, to facilitate nutrition and hydration.
Kapha the union of land and water. Kapha people are physically large and strong. In addition, they have invisible veins, large and cold hands; greasy skin and hair, thick and generally dark; big eyes and calm look. The weight is easily gained and stored in the hip and legs. They have a relaxed, peaceful and faithful character. To stress, they react with boredom and denying reality. Because they have a fatty complexion, it is advisable to use astringent products and creams based on lavender, rosemary, and geranium. For the hair, it is recommended to use shampoos of avocado, coconut, lemon or aloe vera.
Ayurvedic secrets for pitta type people (mixed skin)
People of the pitta type have a greasy or mixed skin and, therefore, the use of vaporization made with mint is advised. Here’s a recipe for vaporization with mint.
- Fennel (15 grams)
- Linden (15 grams)
- Flowers (15 grams)
- Mint (15 grams)
- Water (15 grams)
- Mix the herbs. Boil the water, remove from the heat and add all the plants. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Pour the cooking in a bowl on which you can keep your face at a safe distance.
- Place a towel on the head and expose yourself to the preparation. After 15 minutes, dry the face with a wet towel in cold water, to close the pores and restore normal temperature.
Ayurvedic secrets for the vata type (dry skin)
Relief for dry skin can be found by applying fresh cherry pulp over your face at night before bedtime. Leave on for a quarter of an hour and rinse. This procedure will provide a very beautiful complexion.
To address the internal cause of dryness, Ayurvedic beauty recommends lubricating the colon with a mild oil enema. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Start with a cleansing enema. In the morning or at night, wear a normal enema of water. Wait an hour before proceeding to step 2.
- Step 2: For the oil enema use 1 cup of sesame, sunflower or corn oil, according to the above recommendations for vata, pitta, and kapha. Inject the oil into the rectum (using a hot water bottle or a syringe) and try to hold it for 5 to 10 minutes. If it comes out, do not worry, leave it (see appendix 3 for more complete instructions on how to do it enema).
This simple enema oil will make your skin soft, delicate, and wonderful. The colon is an important factor in the process of absorption of nutrients from food. That is why the body easily absorbs the oil that the enema deposits in the colon, which helps lubricate the skin from the inside.
To obtain the best results you must apply the oil enema following this plan:
- Week 1 – Every day
- Week 2 – Every 2 days
- Week 3 – Every 3 days
- Week 4 – Once
Ayurvedic secrets for the Kapha type (oily skin)
This Almond flour cleanser is a very basic exfoliating agent. It’s easy to prepare and very effective for oily skin.
- 2 teaspoons almond flour
- Purified water
- In a small bowl, mix the almond flour with enough water to form a paste suitable for spreading. Allow the mixture to thicken for one minute. Using fingers, spread over moistened face and throat, and massage gently for one minute.
- To conclude, we can say that Ayurveda not only consists of external treatments because within its multiple advice it indicates that maintaining a diet rich in vegetables, nuts, and seeds, will collaborate in the hydration, the cellular restructuring and the elimination of toxins that can cause a serious problem for healthy skin.
- So you know, if you want to rejuvenate 10 years, stay young, or simply looking for health, say goodbye to expensive creams, forget the operating room, apply the knowledge of Ayurveda and expect to see in a short time its results.
If you want to have better results go to an Ayurveda retreat so you can learn all the secrets about Ayurvedic medicine!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Isabel William 7 MINUTE READ
- by Nicholas McCarty 12 MINUTE READ
- by Katrina Chase 6 MINUTE READ
- by Dr. Courtney Parker 6 MINUTE READ
- by Raquel Z. Duarte 6 MINUTE READ
- by Sara Hansen 12 MINUTE READ