The Healing Properties Of Rosewood
Rosewood is a famous tree in the Punjab province of Pakistan and the Punjab state of India.
Famous for its beautiful smell and sturdy uses, Rosewood has become one of the most widely used and prized materials in India and Pakistan- for all time. In fact, it’s so popular, Rosewood is used for nearly everything; from furniture, to walking canes, carvings, boats, musical instruments, and agricultural tools. That’s one seriously useful material! But more than just for utilitarian purposes…rosewood has been used in the healing process for centuries. In particular, the leaves and sap of the tree are frequently ground to a paste to place on the skin in order to heal blemishes, pimples, or boils. Even heartburn, indigestion, and certain heart diseases are thought to be preventable with the intake of rosewood pastes and remedies.
Obviously, not many people have access to a fresh rosewood tree! But that doesn’t necessarily matter 😉 Rosewood jewelry is also prized for its healing abilities! That’s super convenient, because who wants to be foraging for rosewood all day, right? Here’s a brief breakdown of the healing properties:
- Physical- The scent of rosewood play a huge part in the healing properties it displays, which is released and awakened more with age. Its scent is used for nervousness, headaches, and frigidity. It also helps to boost the immune system because it calms the individual. Wearing the jewelry on a skin irritation also has the ability to help heal the area.
- Spiritual- Associated with the heart chakra, rosewood is a compassionate and healing feminine energy; that doesn’t mean that it’s only for women! It just means it helps to accent the innate qualities of compassion and love within an individual. The feminine grace is enhanced when wearing rosewood, and intuitive health is also given a boost.
How to Use Rosewood for Healing
Like all healing jewelry, rosewood helps to clear the negative energy preventing you from healing yourself. Rosewood has been used for a VERY long time in the treatment of ailments, both physical and spiritual. But its primary use is its scent and calming effects. Wearing jewelry- particularly in a necklace worn around the neck so you can smell it frequently- can produce calming effects throughout the entire day. Something like our mala set can really help to keep your energy up and soothe the nervous system, highlighting your own intuitive healing abilities. Just remember, no matter how you use rosewood, have access the smell and be near its aroma as often as possible.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by marques coleman 7 MINUTE READ
- by Sherry Kimball 8 MINUTE READ
- by Sowjanya Kodiganti 15 MINUTE READ
- by Amelia Grant 5 MINUTE READ
- by Brooke Nally 8 MINUTE READ
- by Nova Addison 5 MINUTE READ