Chakras 101: Solar Plexus
This is the third of seven articles relating to the seven main chakras or vortices of energy which lie two to three inches above the physical body. Chakras are the energetic portals that feed and send information to our luminous energy fields (or LEF).
The Third Main Energy Center: the Solar Plexus Chakra or Core/Naval
- Location on the body: At the Solar Plexus
- Vibrational Frequency/Color: Yellow
- Purpose: Our power center and energy source for the physical and luminous body. It contains the source and power for aligning ourselves with our true nature and speaking our truth; provides the fuel to manifest our dreams. Our energy center for self-care, self-love, confidence, personal power and freedom.
- Instinct: Power
- Imbalanced Attributes: Pride, sorrow, low energy, and shame. Victim paradigm, temper tantrums, and inflated ego. Neurosis such as guilt and shame from repressed libido.
- Balanced Attributes: Courage, power, and self-expression; fearlessness; effective communication through the power of the written and spoken word. Our life’s purpose and destiny become clear and we have the energy to manifest our dreams into Being.
- Organs/Glands: The liver, stomach, spleen, and small intestine; controls the pancreas and digestive system.
- Archetypal seeds: The Hummingbird
In Shamanism, the Hummingbird, or Siwar Qinti (in quechua), calls the Solar Plexus home. Hummingbird, from the Winds of the North, is all about the sweet nectar of life. Hummingbird medicine reconnects us to our epic’s souls Journey, reminding us that every step we take is sacred. The Hummingbird, or Great Journeyer, gives us the courage to fly on, teaching us to drink from only the finest and sweetest nectar in life.
Becoming familiar with these vortices of energy and communing with them on a daily basis, collecting tools to clear and combust the negative energies accumulating within them, is not only a powerful but necessary step in beginning and continuing the self-healing process.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Michael Patrick 11 MINUTE READ
- by Emma Farry 5 MINUTE READ
- by Rebecca L. Edwards 5 MINUTE READ
- by Ray Williams 12 MINUTE READ
- by Hannah Blake 4 MINUTE READ
- by Jonathan Greene 4 MINUTE READ