Chakra Healing Through Color Clothing: Things To Remember
The buildup of toxicity in our systems, not just physically, but also emotionally, mentally and psychologically is a reality that we need to seriously look into. And in today’s environment, where everything has become so fast-paced, mind-numbing and exhausting, our minds find little time to relax and rejuvenate.
Toxicity has become a reality more than ever before and it continues to spur problems that can lead to us feeling dejected, sad & exhausted and the only way out of it is through healing ourselves spiritually. In the recent years, we have seen a lot of discussion happening on spirituality and healing. More and more knowledge is being dissipated about different areas of our spirituality and how to realign and balance our energies again.
Our chakras or our energy centers have a lot to do with creating a balance within us because they are responsible for our body’s energy movements and blockages.
All about Our Chakras
Our body has a total of seven chakras and to work through these involves working through the rainbow of colors, each of which is represented in a chakra. These pure spectral colors can be used to influence our energy and our senses to balance our mind, body, and soul. These colors can be incorporated with jewelry like crystals and/or clothing to benefit the wearer, however clothing has an extra edge as our clothes have a large area of direct contact with the skin.
Clothing doesn’t just have aesthetic aspects but also serves as protection for us and it represents our intellectual, moral and spiritual orientation. The seven energies present in our bodies at the seven chakra locations are symbolized by these 7 colors.
- Muladhara chakra or root chakra: Placed below the spine, this Chakra is near your sexual organs and it’s represented by the color red. This Chakra is responsible for our sexuality, agility, courage, security and fight abilities. Our sense of smell is related to this earth element/energy body.
- Svadystana chakra or Khaji: If you place a few fingers below your navel that’s where this chakra is located and it’s represented by the color orange. This Chakra helps with the ability to deal with fear and anxiety, have humility, give love and be of service to others. This chakra regulates our sense of taste and its element is water.
- Manipura chakra or solar plexus: Located at a few fingers distance above the navel this Yellow colored Chakra regulates our sense of sight and its element is fire. It helps us develop our wisdom, and abilities to communicate with friends and understand others. This energy center gives heat and is linked to our self-esteem and happiness.
- Anahata chakra or heart: Represented by the color green, this chakra controls our sense of touch and the emotions of giving and receiving love, self-help, compassion, and respect for oneself and others. This Chakra can be found in the middle of the chest.
- Visuddha chakra or throat: The throat chakra influences our voice sense and helps us become steadfast. It creates in us the desire to create peace and determines the nature of our relationships with others. It also influences our creativity and inventiveness in speech. It’s symbolized by the color blue.
- Ajna chakra or forehead: It’s located between the eyebrows and the color purple is used to represent it. This Chakra creates stability and helps us harmonize the universe and turn our dreams into reality. Its help is directed towards illumination. It’s in the center of the body which commands our mind and turns our thoughts into actions.
- Sahasrara chakra or crown: This energy center is on the top of our head and is responsible for our understanding of the world and to advance our knowledge and wisdom. The Chakra is represented by the color white and it helps us make sense of our spirituality. When fully utilized through activities like meditation this Chakra becomes the most powerful energy source for humans and aligns our internal and external stressors.
Healing through Colored Clothing
Healing can be done by using the respective colors for each chakra through clothing because the chakras are located in the spinal cord in the body and their colors are directly coordinated with the light receptor cells in the retina. So when these colors are captured by the retina they are converted into electrical impulses in the brain which releases hormones.
This process also creates energy vibrations that promote order and balance in the body. The electromagnetic fields produced by these chakras are passed through the spinal cord and the nervous system, and towards the chakras, soothing and releasing blockages. As you may know, all colors have a psychological effect on us and through clothing. So we can use these colors to help our psyche in a positive way. Our clothing is in direct contact with our body’s color energy because of our pores which are a therapeutic inlet for our body, as used by massage therapy as well.
However, when using clothing for color therapy it’s a must that only natural fibers like silk, cotton, yarn or flax are used because they align with your energy frequencies. Synthetic fabrics are unable to do so and they can cause irritations and allergies. Clothes for Chakra Therapy can be easily incorporated as a wardrobe basic too. The clothing that is used should be long, from the neck to the toes and if undergarments are worn underneath, they should be in white to allow the light of the color on top to pass through to the skin.
Some great times for individuals to use color therapy are when they go out for a walk in natural environments, do internal exercises like yoga and meditation or while resting, but not sleeping.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Matt Caron 4 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 7 MINUTE READ
- by ARUNDHATI MUKHERJEE 14 MINUTE READ
- by Bruce Burger 9 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 2 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 3 MINUTE READ