23 Essential Quotes From The Bhagavad Gita
The Bhagavad Gita is considered to be one of the most important texts ever written in Hinduism and the world — and there’s a reason for this. The Gita is overflowing with wisdom, insight, and brilliance.
These quotes will give you a small glimpse of what it contains!
SEE ALSO: 20 Fast Facts About Hinduism
- Do everything you have to do, but not with greed, not with ego, not with lust, not with envy but with Love, compassion, humility and devotion.
- Pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is bitter as poison in the end.
- Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed.
- They alone see truly who see the Lord the same in every creature.
- As the blazing fire reduces wood to ashes, similarly, the fire of Self-knowledge reduces all Karma to ashes.
- Undivided, yet appears as if divided in beings; He, the object of knowledge, is the creator, sustainer, and destroyer of (all) beings.
- As the heat of a fire reduces wood to ashes, the fire of knowledge burns to ashes all karma.
- I am the goal, the supporter, the Lord, the witness, the abode, the refuge, the friend, the origin, the dissolution, the foundation, the substratum, and the imperishable seed.
- There are three gates to this self-destructive hell: lust, anger, and greed. Renounce these three.
- You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work. You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction.
- He who has no attachments can really Love others, for his love is pure and divine.
- Knowledge is better than mere ritualistic practice.
- All sorrows are destroyed upon attainment of tranquility. The intellect of such a tranquil person soon becomes completely steady.
- The ignorant work for their own profit; the wise work for the welfare of the world, without thought for themselves.
- There has never been a time when you and I have not existed, nor will there be a time when we will cease to exist. As the same person inhabits the body through childhood, youth, and old age, so too at the time of death he attains another body. The wise are not deluded by these changes.
- As a mirror is obscured by dust, so the intellect is obscured by anger.
- Fear not what is not real, never was and never will be. What is real, always was and cannot be destroyed.
- Setting aside all noble deeds, just surrender completely to the will of God. I shall liberate you from all sins. Do not grieve.
- One is considered the best yogi who regards every being like oneself, and who can feel the pain and pleasures of others as one’s own.
- Practice to look upon all creatures as Myself in thought, word, and deed; and mentally bow down to them.
- The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice.
- Those who worship other Gods with faith and devotion also worship Me.
- If you want to see the brave, look at those who can forgive.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Matt Caron 7 MINUTE READ
- by ARUNDHATI MUKHERJEE 14 MINUTE READ
- by Bruce Burger 9 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 2 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 3 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 4 MINUTE READ