Getting Rid Of Depression In A Relationship
Depression can materialize at any time for anyone. All one needs to know is how to remove this depression when it shows its early symptoms so that it does not do any harm to us and our relationship.
Fundamentally, the solution lies inside us. But if you are unable to find out how to get rid of depression, when in a relationship, you can always seek support from your partner. So gather some strength and reach out for your partner’s help, rather than hide away and suffer in silence. And very soon, you will begin to see signs of improvement within you and in your relationship too.
• Communication: Tell your partner how you are feeling. This initial step can be daunting. But it’s important to be open and honest from the start. Continue communicating with each other and thus help each other. Being open will help our loved one understand things in the right perspective and thus enable him/her to support us when times get tough.
• Be prepared to listen to your partner. Try not to discard their support or advice.
• Once the two of you have discussed the necessary steps to take, make every attempt to adhere to them. Bear in mind, it is for your benefit, and for the purpose of a healthy partnership.
• Be patient as things will take some time to improve.
• Remember not to be tough on yourself when things go wrong. Also, do not withdraw from your spouse.
• Take into consideration the feelings of your partner, during this difficult period.
• Explore what is the reason for depression in the first place. Is it expectations from the relationship, or we want things your way, lack of communication, fear, jealousy, comparing, feeling vulnerable or mistrust? And work on these reasons whole-heartedly, so that your life and relationship improves.
• Try to steer clear from arguments, conflicts, and difference of opinion. If they do happen, do not react straight away. Let things calm down and then express your point of view.
• Learn to forgive when disagreements happen. Do not hold onto painful memories, otherwise, you will create a division between you both. Be committed to finding solutions rather than focusing on the problem only.
• Stop seeing faults in your relationship. Instead focus on the good things you have, together.
• Do not allow your mind to dictate the way you feel. Oppose thoughts which self-harm you.
• You can reach out to your faith. If you have belief in a higher being, ask for strength from them to overcome your despair. The conviction you have in them will never let you down.
• If required, consult a professional counselor or other close members of family or friends. Sometimes, it helps to share your feeling, away from the relationship. When you bottle your emotions up, they will hurt you, make you feel confused and cause frustration.
• To remove the feeling of depression, perform pratikraman. This is a scientific method, which helps eradicate the negative feeling of being depressed, and it will permanently eliminate the effects of depression from your life forever. The 3-fold process of pratikraman stems from the need to reverse your mistake i.e. to get depressed, in this case.
1) Alochana – confessing the mistake. ‘I’ve got depressed’.
2) Pratikraman – asking for forgiveness for that mistake of being depressed.
3) Pratyakhyan – making the firm resolve to never repeat the mistake again.
• Alter your thoughts from negative to positive. Being positive, you will influence positive results in you and in those who you love too.
To experience bliss in every aspect of your life, regardless of the physical problems, mental problems, or problems brought forth by external situations, discover the ultimate truth of the Pure Soul!
The Pure Soul exists in every living being and it is who we really are! The Soul, by nature, is totally pure and free from all worldly bondages. This means no pain or misery or suffering can ever affect us! If you find this is something which intrigues you, then read up on Akram Vignan, the spiritual science; and discover how to be liberated from ongoing worldly difficulties.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Mark A Lewis 8 MINUTE READ
- by Arik Xander 12 MINUTE READ
- by Gila Nehemia 5 MINUTE READ
- by Stephen T. Wawryk 5 MINUTE READ
- by Claire Hastings 6 MINUTE READ
- by Dada Bhagwan 9 MINUTE READ