If you happen to know that there is someone in this world who can grant you a ‘flawless vision’, what would you do? You would run to him, ofcourse! Because no matter how emphatically and assertively we may project our view to be the best and true to the outside world, deep within we understand that our vision has flaws. However we are not able to comprehend the nature of these flaws and do not know how to work out the flawless vision. So come, let us delve on this a bit…
In the worldly interactions, our intellect promptly puts the blame on someone else or something external and protects our own Self. It is always the other person who is at some fault. And this is how confusion and chaos proliferates in the world. The confusion is the continued state of conflict where we cannot see a single mistake of ours and strongly feel that the entire world is committing a lot of mistakes.
Param Pujya Dadashri describes His internal state, saying, “Not even the minutest of my mistake escapes my awareness. And what is the final awareness? I have no conflict with anyone, not even with the one who is at fault, for he may be at fault on the outside, but from within he is pure.
I do not see any fault in anyone because in reality no one is at fault. One only sees faults in others when one’s own vision is faulty. If your vision became flawless, you too would not see fault in anyone.”
So what is this faulty vision and how can we make our vision flawless? Let us understand…
Say ‘your name’ is John… and you start believing that ‘you’ are John. Now, John is actually just a name given to identify this body, so believing ‘I am John’ is the wrong belief that has got set within you, isn’t it? In addition, due to this belief you feel oneness with John’s mind, his thoughts, his speech, his behavior, his intellect, and his decisions. When John is taking decision, you feel ‘I am taking decision’. If someone insults John, you feel ‘I am insulted and I am suffering’. If John gets angry, you feel ‘I got angry.’
So, it is merely the lack of understanding of “Who really am I?” that has given rise to all kinds of wrong beliefs and remaining immersed in these wrong beliefs, we keep making mistake after mistake. In other words, the ignorance of our real Self, as to who we really are, is the root cause of all our mistakes from which all other mistakes emerge.
This ignorance flaws your perception and makes you totally involved in John. You develop partiality towards John, due to which even while John has countless faults within him, you still feel ‘I have no faults. I am a very good person’. This partiality never allows you to see your faults.
The flawed perception further gives rise to anger, pride, attachment and greed within us, that makes us see the faults of others. We then harbor opinions for others and our vision becomes even more flawed.
So now, the question is how do we make our vision flawless?
The answer is: by meeting Gnani, the Awakened One!
1. Only Gnani can change one’s wrong belief to right by giving him the real knowledge of ‘Who really am I?’, ‘Who is the real doer?’, ‘What is called relative?’, ‘What is real?’
2. With this separation by the grace of Gnani, one begins to see his own mistakes. This is the beginning of experience of the pure soul and it marks the beginning of the flawless vision too!
3. As one remains in the company of Gnani, his awareness of the Self naturally takes hold and grows within him, and he gradually cultivates more and more awareness to see his mistakes.
4. Gnani further helps him by holding light of Real Knowledge on his specific mistakes, which are present in him and can harm him.
5. Gnani does not see any one at fault, but has great compassion for the mankind as he knows the consequences one will have to bear for each of his fault.
6. Gnani also shows him the ways so as not to support and protect his mistakes. “In order to destroy a mistake, you must accept it and regard it as a mistake. You cannot go on protecting it.” this is the key given by the Gnani to take away the support that he is continuously supplying to his faults. This key opens up the most difficult of the locks!
7. Under the guidance of Gnani, one deals with each of his mistakes with equanimity as Gnani makes him understand that “Our mistakes get compounded when we raise objections. Whatever we suffer is the result of our own wrong doing. If anyone is to be blamed, it is our own causes, which have culminated into the effect we are experiencing today. God does not run this world, but nevertheless the world runs under very precise and exact laws of Nature. The consequences of our own mistakes are thus being brought to us through a natural process.”
8. Gnani teaches him that to see anyone’s fault is his own fault; and He makes him sincerely repent for any aggression committed through his thoughts, speech or actions, and also for all opinions he has harbored for the other person.
9. Gnani’s teachings have immense power and are always effective when embraced with full faith and love.
As one begins to see his faults, the initial experience of the flawless vision is set to have been established in him! Now his focus is directed inwards and he gets busy seeing only his own faults. As he destroys his faults one by one, his suffering reduces and the flawless vision given by Gnani progresses.
The ultimate flawless vision is that no living being is at fault. And one can see the world as flawless through the vision of the Soul and not the body; through the vision of absolute reality, that sees every circumstance as a mere circumstance which is forever changing, and on the other hand, sees only the pure Soul within every living being.
That’s the pure vision, the flawless vision, which we can gain only and only through the Gnani’s grace!! There is nothing but bliss that exists thereafter…
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Kacey Kingry 7 MINUTE READ
- by Jean Farish 6 MINUTE READ
- by Spencer Martin 10 MINUTE READ
- by Moira Hutchison 56 SECONDS READ
- by Lubomira Kourteva 13 MINUTE READ
- by Arik Xander 6 MINUTE READ