There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. – Maya Angelou
We all have a story to tell. Whether fact or fiction, our deepest inner thoughts or magical make-believe, there is a profound human need to share what is inside us; to bring to light what is hidden within. Writing “what is so” for us in any given moment can be the most cathartic gift, whether we want simply to read it back in years to come, to share it with those close to us, or to publish it and share it with the world.
In this retreat, we aim to release the stories we all long to tell. Through yoga, meditation, writing group workshops and one-to-one sessions we will explore and release the blocks that may stand in our way, explore ways of supporting our creative life on a day-to-day basis and find the authenticity and freedom to live our fullest truth.
Throughout the ‘Writing Your Untold Story’
Yoga, Meditation and Writing Retreat you’ll experience:
• Re-balancing yoga sessions to calm, energise and uplift
• Pranayama (yogic breath work) to centre, focus and soothe
• Guided meditations to support the creative process
• Creative Flow Workshops :
Putting pen to paper
– Sharing blocks to getting started and finding ways around them – Sacred time, sacred space; finding a time & place to write
– Overcoming self doubt and the barriers we put in our own way
Going to where the excitement (or fear) is
– Showing, not telling
– Shame is where the juice (and the healing) is
– Bringing shadows to light (and light to shadows)
Magic Realism & Myth
– What is reality anyway?
– Telling your truth though fiction
– Going Deeper into your untold story
Taking our stories into life, Taking our life into stories
– Interfacing with the day-to-day
– Sustaining a daily writing practice
– Finding ways to support our creative life
• A one-to-one creative flow session with Lou Rhodes
• Healthy, plant-based, vegetarian cuisine
• Opportunity for healing therapies and coaching sessions
• Time to explore the island’s villages, countryside, coves and beaches
• You-Time for Relaxation and simply being
‘Writing Your Untold Story’, Yoga, Meditation and Writing Retreat Schedule
• 8.30am – Pranayama – breath work class
• 9.00am – Yoga class
• 10am – Guided meditation
• 10.30am – Delicious vegetarian brunch
• 11.30 –1.30 – Creative flow workshop
• 1.30 – 5.30pm – Free time to relax or explore the island, take a one-to-one creative
flow or coaching session, benefit from a healing therapy or take time to simply be
• 5.30pm – Evening Q & A and sharing
• 7pm – Delicious vegetarian dinner
• 8pm – Fun evenings with all kind of surprises and entertainment
Please note that the ‘Writing Your Untold Story’, Yoga, Meditation and Writing Retreat schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the teachers
About Your Hosts
Singer, songwriter, author and poet.
Mercury Nominated solo singer/songwriter and founder member of the band “Lamb” Published children’s author & essayist
My work in music and songwriting has taken me around the world many times over the past 23 years as a performer since the formation of “Lamb” in 1994.
During that time I have written and published over 100 songs, many of which have been used in a variety of films and tv series.
I have published two children’s stories, contributed essays to the series “The First Time I Heard” and am in the process of writing my first novel and compiling a book of haiku.
My passion is in the use of writing as a cathartic process. Through expressing our deepest selves we touch into a common humanity in which our greatest fulfilment lies.
BSc (Hons) Psychology, MBPS, Yoga Alliance, Kaivalyadhama
Founder and director of The Wellness Source, a company dedicated to empowering people to take charge of their wellbeing; supporting them toward living happier, healthier lives through wellness therapies, coaching, workshops and retreats.
Experienced international retreat and workshop facilitator runs regular Workshops and Retreats in Ibiza, Spain, Geneva, Switzerland and Goa, India.
For over twenty years, I’ve been working in the field of personal and spiritual wellbeing, supporting my clients on an empowering journey of personal growth. My approach blends ancient spiritual practices such as yoga, pranayama (breath work) and Vipassana (Buddhist meditation) with modern self-inquiry and counselling psychology techniques, among others, that together have the power to bring about deep healing and lasting transformation. By reconnecting you with your own true nature and by helping you to forge a powerful bond with your intuition, the work of uncovering and moving beyond the layers of fear and self- doubt that hold you back from living your full potential and expressing your authentic self in the world becomes truly possible.
Amidst many hectares of pine forests, olive groves and wild flowers, our beautiful villa for the retreat is a stylish and truly unique, innovative space located in the lush North of the magical isle of Ibiza. A refuge from the rest of the world, serene and stimulating, aiming to inspire spiritual development, communing with nature and rejuvenation.
Send this to a friend