Champion Indigo Child
There are children in this world that feel things on a deep cosmic level.
Unfortunately, these gifted children are sometimes misunderstood by society because they act differently. Teachers and doctors are quick to judge or diagnose them with ADD or ADHD and may recommend medicating them.
However, these kids are the Changemakers of the world. They see things through a kaleidoscope of colors and possibilities.
We should be championing these unique thinkers and uncovering strategies to help them succeed. A lot of these children have sensitive nervous systems that may get activated very easily, so teaching them grounding techniques can be extremely beneficial. Otherwise, they may be at risk for anxiety, depression and isolation.
Traits of an Indigo Child (can vary greatly)
• Need decompression time to recharge
• To outsiders look aloof, but are deeply emotional
• Connect with animals & nature
• Prefer small groups but can be very social with the right type of people
• Either over-stimulated and acting out or shutdown and disassociated
• Gentle body-centered touch therapy
• Energy healing
• Meditation: program designed specifically for children at home and in school
• Grounding exercises: for the child to learn to stay in their body
• EFT: Emotional Freedom Technique. Referred to as “Tapping.”
EFT is a form of psychological acupressure, based on the same energy meridians used in traditional acupuncture, used to treat physical and emotional ailments for over 5,000 years. It is simple tapping with the fingertips used to input kinetic energy onto specific meridians on the head, chest and hands while you think about your specific problem and voice positive affirmations.
• Peaceful Touch: modality from Sweden. Exercise can be done at home
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Soumee Pal 9 MINUTE READ
- by Samreen Mongillo 5 MINUTE READ
- by Dianne Collins 10 MINUTE READ
- by Sheila Mac 7 MINUTE READ
- by Dr. Carmen Harra 8 MINUTE READ
- by Jennifer Landis 6 MINUTE READ