How Buddhism Is Being Used To Justify Violence In Myanmar
People will use religion whenever they can to justify what they do.
Four hundred thousand Rohingya have fled from their homes in Myanmar to neighboring Bangladesh in the face of what the Secretary-General of the UN calls “a vicious cycle of persecution, discrimination, radicalization and violent repression” by Myanmar’s military. A humanitarian crisis has resulted; the world watches images of Rohingya villages burned to the ground.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Matt Caron 1 MINUTE READ
- by Valerie Cheers Brown 5 MINUTE READ
- by Grant Hilary Brenner, MD 18 MINUTE READ
- by Grant Hilary Brenner, MD 10 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 54 SECONDS READ
- by Matt Caron 4 MINUTE READ