How Buddhism Is Being Used To Justify Violence In Myanmar
People will use religion whenever they can to justify what they do.
Four hundred thousand Rohingya have fled from their homes in Myanmar to neighboring Bangladesh in the face of what the Secretary-General of the UN calls “a vicious cycle of persecution, discrimination, radicalization and violent repression” by Myanmar’s military. A humanitarian crisis has resulted; the world watches images of Rohingya villages burned to the ground.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Grant Hilary Brenner, MD 18 MINUTE READ
- by Grant Hilary Brenner, MD 10 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 54 SECONDS READ
- by Matt Caron 4 MINUTE READ
- by Ray Williams 6 MINUTE READ
- by Frank M. Wanderer Ph.D. 9 MINUTE READ