8 Ways Laughter Creates A Positive Outlook For Children
No matter your age, everyone could use a little more laughter in their lives. And did you know that laughter has endless benefits both physically and mentally, especially for your children?
The sound of your child laughing is one of the most precious sounds in the whole entire world. Hosting kid’s parties can be a great way to get your little one giggling. Not only will this give them a great opportunity to socialize, but it also allows them to de-stress and forge deeper friendships through humor and laughter.
From a boost in health to giving your child a positive outlook on life, there are endless benefits to laughter. Here are 8 benefits your child gets from having a chuckle and how you can use kids’ parties to enhance your little one’s childhood.
1. Laughter Improves Social Standings
Who doesn’t love to chuckle and laugh with their friends?
Having kids’ parties often is a great way to boost your child’s social life. If your child can make people laugh, they’re sure to have a healthy group of close friends. People will want to be around them.
Laughter makes your child seem more like a team player. They’ll be seen as someone who cares about other people and who can communicate.
When your child has a positive social standing, it gives them a better view of their lives and friendships.
2. It’s Fun
Laughing at a television show, a joke, or a humorous story is not only good for your child’s mental health and physical wellbeing, it’s also fun!
When you laugh, your body releases a chemical called serotonin. This chemical is often referred to as a ‘feel good’ hormone because it’s a natural antidepressant and makes you feel happier.
4. Alleviates Stress and Depression
Do children have a reason to be depressed? Studies by the American Family Physician Journal show that clinical depression affects 2% of prepubertal children and 5-8% of adolescents.
The side-effects of such depression can range from mild sadness to suicidal thoughts and other serious disorders.
The good news is that ‘laughter therapy’ is now considered a non-invasive and non-pharmacological alternative treatment for depression and stress.
The feel-good chemicals dopamine and serotonin released during laughter have been shown to have a positive effect on mood control in the brain. It also plays an important role in stress response reversal.
If your child loves to laugh and does it often, they will automatically reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
5. Laughter is the Best Medicine
Have you ever heard the saying “laughter is the best medicine”? Well, as science proves, this age-old adage is true! Laughter has great benefits to your child’s physical health. Here are just some of the ways regular laughter can improve their wellbeing.
- Improves breathing: Studies show that laughing is good for your breathing. When you laugh, your lungs empty out in a way that is similar to being cleansed. This can help improve breathing and aide those suffering from asthma.
- Better for your Immune System: Researchers have found that laughter can actually boost a child’s immune system by increasing antibody producing T-cells. This will help prevent your little one from catching colds while reducing stress.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Kids who laugh often have lower blood pressure than children who don’t. This is a healthy and natural way to keep your child’s health in tip-top shape.
- It Counts as Exercise: to a certain extent, anyway. Have you ever laughed so much that your sides hurt? This is because hard laughter actually gives you a mini-workout by exercising your diaphragm, shoulders, and abdominal muscles. Studies suggest that laughing 100 times is the equivalent of riding an exercise bike for 15 minutes.
- Good for Your Heart: Regular laughter is good for your kid’s heart. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and heart attack. It does so by encouraging healthy blood pressure and flow.
The healthier your child is, the more positive outlook they will have for their future.
6. Improves Sleep
One of the many benefits of laughter is that it helps children fall asleep faster. It does this by encouraging endorphins in the body. These endorphins will act as a natural relaxer. Not only will this help reduce stress in your little one, it will also help them to get a good night’s rest.
- Sleep improves memory
- Improves blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
- Fights off infections
- Boosts morale
There’s nothing that gives you a more unpleasant outlook on life than waking up each day feeling groggy and tired.
7. Creates Deeper Bonds
Studies show that couples who laugh together feel more satisfied and supported in their relationships – and the same can be said for friendships!
Kid’s like to be around happy kids. This morale-boosting attitude can help your child forge fun and lasting friendships throughout their youth.
By having an optimistic and positive attitude, they will attract good friends.
8. Don’t Take Things So Seriously
Life shouldn’t be so serious – especially not for children! By being able to laugh at themselves and find humor in frustrating situations, your little one will have a more positive outlook on life. They will learn that life shouldn’t be taken so seriously all the time.
Host a Kids Party Today
Kids parties are a great way to help get the little ones laughing and playing together. It doesn’t have to be a special occasion for you to throw a party for the local kids. Why not try one of these great ideas:
- Bonfire night with s’mores
- Tea party
- Game night
- Ice cream party
- Movie marathon
- Camping in the back yard with friends
- Sports party (get your kid’s active with some soccer, hockey, or basketball)
- Slumber party/Sleepover
- Baking party
- Water balloon/pool party
Hosting a kid’s party is a great way to give your kids a positive outlook on life.
Laughter can have a wonderful impact on your child’s outlook on life. It deepens friendships, increases likability, and health. Hosting a kid’s party is a great way to boost your child’s self-esteem, improve their social life, and promote laughter and fun all around.
Daily Wellness Inspiration & News!
You might also like…
- by Kari Field 3 MINUTE READ
- by Kari Field 3 MINUTE READ
- by Sivana Spirit 3 MINUTE READ
- by Sivana Spirit 14 MINUTE READ
- by Sivana Spirit 4 MINUTE READ
- by Sivana Spirit 4 MINUTE READ